FanDuel Group Engineering is based in Edinburgh and Glasgow, with head office in New York and offices in California, New Jersey, Florida and Oregon.
We’re looking for a senior engineer to join the account and wallet mobile app team. We develop and release features that pull together business critical components, putting FanDuel Sportsbook and our other products in our customers hands.
Biometrics, geolocation, and tools to keep track of what they’re betting are some of the ways we make sure our customers get to enjoy our product legally and responsibly. Be part of the team and help us shape our product's app experience.
We’re looking for skilled technologists, strong communicators, and those with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to problems and be eager to learn from and educate others. As a senior software engineer, you will take on an element of leadership of our engineering within an empowered, multidisciplinary team, autonomously tackling complex challenges that provide the very best experiences and products for a growing community of millions of players.
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favourite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development and generous paid leave policy, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Everyone on our team has a part to play – you will:
- Lead the team’s design, scoping and prioritisation discussions for small-medium size work that you’re responsible for, and contribute to discussions for work other people are leading.
- write and release apps that are used by millions every week.
- work with iOS system, and third party, frameworks.
- join a multidisciplinary team (testers, designers and business analysts)
- document your software to ensure that future-you and others will understand the intention behind the features and components you build.
- support our software in the on-call rotation where required.
- participate in the interview process and help your team train Software Engineers.
- learn alone and with your team: through self-development, 10% time, and hackathons. You keep up to date with new technologies and the best ways to solve problems, and you help others in the team to develop as well.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
What we’re looking for in our next teammate:
- You use technology to solve difficult problems, as a significant and autonomous contributor. Just as important as your ability to work autonomously, is your ability to work well with your team to design, invent, and build stable and performant software.
- You create flexible software without over-engineering.
- You have a passion for making workflows easier, striving for operational excellence by constructively identifying problems, and proposing solutions to implement with the team.
- You write simple and extendable services and APIs, which solve complex problems, using Swift, leaving software better and easier to maintain than when you found it.
- You test your code thoroughly, including through unit and integration tests.
- You prioritise giving our customers a great experience with the code you write, balancing customer requirements with team requirements.
- You have a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- You are able to communicate technical concepts simply and successfully, to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You are comfortable working in an Agile environment.
WHAT YOU WILL GET
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- We buy you the software you prefer to work with, and high end hardware to run it on
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Excellent benefit programs and platforms
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.