ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
The FanDuel platform handles tens of thousands of requests a second across hundreds of services; it’s absolutely critical to the company’s success that this platform remains available and rapidly scalable and the DevOps team have a leading role in making that happen. Our growing team features a diverse range of skills, from generalist to specialist, but one thing our team does have in common is a deep understanding of how our system works and hangs together.
This is a role for someone who is looking to exercise and develop their core leadership skills both from a technical and people management point of view. You will have established DevOps Engineer capabilities as well as people manager capabilities. In this role, you will be managing a group of DevOps Engineers that have a variety of individual and team commitments and capabilities, ensuring the delivery of reliable, timely, and future-proof platforms.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
We’re looking for passionate technologists, strong communicators and those with a commitment to continuous improvement to coach and develop a group of DevOps Engineers. You are able to represent your team autonomously, require minimal guidance and are accountable for the team's structure, software, and technical deliverables. You partner with your engineers and leadership to define a vision and tenets that communicate how your team makes decisions. You provide the larger picture, the long-term perspective, and the context (past, current, future) behind business and technology choices. Your roadmap influences organisational goals. You effectively participate in FanDuel's planning process. You evangelize our company values.
You should have a passion for imparting knowledge and a proven ability to grow a team and lead it to success. You will show a pragmatic approach to problem-solving, your experience should be built on a solid foundation of engineering development and operational support and you should be able to show a proven background in coaching and people management. You’re comfortable holding 1-1s and helping people recognise and achieve goals. You’re responsible for leading your team and guiding the members within it towards success as it delivers important features and capabilities to agreed deadlines. You’re comfortable reporting progress and raising issues as they occur with suggested mitigations.
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Experience of managing team functions and objectives, developing deliverables and capacity planning
- Manage a team of DevOps Engineers working to deliver technology solutions to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Your team owns multiple technology systems, and you will own the day-to-day management of those systems, where you are accountable to the customer experience, project prioritisation, software quality, and system maintenance.
- You make sure your team develops the right solutions and utilise the processes and facilities available to make connections to customers working with your Lead Engineer to help drive these solutions.
- You help DevOps Engineers grow by encouraging them to contribute to cross-team technical discussions, supporting their ideas, and empowering them to make decisions.
- You have a solid understanding of the design approaches and industry technologies utilised by your team.
- You will help make trade-offs; balancing the larger picture (e.g, resourcing, business goals, user experience, dependency impacts, efficiency, availability, etc.) against the needs of building, maintaining, refactoring, scaling, and extending features to properly support the life of the technology. You make sure your DevOps Engineers are able to spend adequate time on design and you seek their (and the Lead Engineer's) input on technology recommendations.
- Responsible for delivering architecturally sound solutions in the absence of a highly experienced individual contributor.
- You can handle most problems, decisions and escalations providing realistic solutions to mitigate long-term risks.
- You will write tenets and clear documents around establishing best-practice processes.
- Responsible for taking part in the recruitment process identifying the best candidates and providing a great candidate experience.
- Ability to manage performance, team coaching and promotion of personal development
- Accelerates progress, clears or escalates blockers and creates opportunities for growth
- Technical experience in managing a highly available and highly scalable cloud environment, preferably AWS
- Experience of working with cross-functional teams, including Project Managers and other stakeholders to define the roadmap for DevOps products and translate this into user stories
- Experience in coaching Engineers to improve code and platform quality
- Experience supporting software systems in production including on-call support with a relentless focus on improving the stability, availability and performance of those systems.
- People management, communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ensures technology solutions are testable, monitored, and maintainable
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.