FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media, including FanDuel, Betfair US and TVG. FanDuel Group has a presence across 45 states and 8 million customers. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, and Scotland. FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Paddy Power Betfair plc, a leading international sports betting and gaming operator and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
About the role
An exciting opportunity to join the Sportsbook Risk & Trading Department at FanDuel. Leveraging cutting edge tools and both global and local expertise to ensure a best-in-class betting product offering for our customers. The successful candidate will work closely with the Director of Sports Trading to help grow and train the New Jersey Trading Team to scale; optimize daily trading operations and work on ad hoc product and commercial projects as required.
We are looking for a genuine ‘people person’ with proven experience leading a highly operational team. The successful candidate will be a natural collaborator and have a strong track record of effectively managing and influencing stakeholders. If you are adaptable, well organized, can make good decisions under pressure and enjoy being in the heart of the action then this may be the role for you.
This job is ideally suited to someone with 7+ years’ industry experience with a corresponding in-depth understanding of betting, although we will consider outstanding applicants from a complementary industry. Integrity, low ego and collaboration are key values in the trading team. The role requires work outside of normal business hours including weekends.
- Working closely with Traders and Risk Managers to effectively run the daily operations
- Continually improving and optimizing daily tasks
- Playing a key role in ensuring compliance adherence
- Collaborating closely with colleagues across the Group
- Helping ‘on the tools’ with live trading and price management at busier times
- Rostering and in-play scheduling
- Resource planning and forecasting
- Coaching and mentoring Traders on all aspects of their job
- Performance management
- Hiring and on-boarding of new staff
- Team engagement initiatives and improvements
- Thought leader
- Testing and rollout of new sports models and betting product
- Collating requirements and contributing to product road maps
- Working closely with Product and technical teams to ensure the smooth rollout of transformational tech initiatives
- Ownership for improving in-play margin and customer experience across major sports
- Finding ways to continually improve Expected Margin across major sports
- Contributing to budget and reforecasting process
- Regular reporting and analysis
Collaborating to arrive at better decisions together
The Risk & Trading Team operates most effectively as a collaborative and integrated part of the wider business. This means collaborating with…
- … global Trading teams to provide best-in-class holistic betting experience and ensure prices in line with trading positions/strategies
- … with the Risk team to manage liabilities and to help profile and segment customers
- … Customer Service & Retail Operations team to identify and remove customer pain points
- … Promos & UX teams to launch innovative new offerings to customers
- … brand, PR & marketing teams to create compelling & unique betting content for our customers
- 3+ years’ professional leadership experience
- Strong 1-1 people management experience
- Undergraduate degree
- An in-depth understanding of statistics and probability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the use of the Office suite most notably Excel & Outlook is essential
- 7+ years’ industry experience in Trading or Risk Management
- Undergraduate degree in statistics, mathematics or business -related field.
- Leadership and team first attitude
- Highly numerate – incl. a flair for probability
- Commercially savvy
- Strong attention to detail
- Betting and sport knowledge
- Time/priority/stakeholder management
- Communicating effectively
- Trustworthy, integrity, low ego, agility
What you get in return
Beyond working with such a great team?
- An exciting environment with real growth
- Contribute to exciting products used by a highly passionate user base
- Personal learning and development opportunities
- Flexible holiday allowance
- 401K plan with company match
- Attractive healthcare plans
There's more, but we don't want to go on and on.
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgment or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.