FanDuel Group is a collection of brands operating at the intersection of sports, gaming, tech, and entertainment. Our mission is to give sports fans the chance to win everyday and create experiences they can’t wait to share with their friends.
We’re not just a company, we’re a collective. And we’re not just coworkers, we’re a community. We’re an all-hands-on-deck crew of dreamers, doers, thinkers, makers, builders, breakers, and rebuilders. We value teamwork above all else, and we believe that diversity and inclusiveness are at the core of any good team. Like any good sports team, we’ve got passion. Passion for building a product our customers will love, passion for being the best in our field, and passion for our own people. With a company that’s as committed to its people as it is to its customers, FanDuel is a great place to develop yourself and your career.
About the role
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to help lead our Rewards, Loyalty and Promo engineering teams to success! You’ll work on a wide range of work from short-term asks to longer-term capability projects delivering features that’ll be used across our entire Product Group. Marketing, one of your primary partners, is a high impact group influencing a wide range of new and current users!
As an Engineering Manager you’ll be working closely with our engineers day-to-day to support and mentor them as they tackle tough technical challenges. You’ll help find opportunities focused on providing the best employee experience while balancing delivery of capabilities that work at Scale. You’ll own your software, helping define solutions to problems while mitigating long-term risks. You’ll raise and help mitigate blockers while providing status updates to leadership.
- Manage, Identify and provide opportunities for Software Engineers.
- Help to deliver a technical vision with an eye on for Customer satisfaction and security.
- Proactively identify technology gaps and opportunities, mitigate risks created through complexity (technical and regulatory).
- Be responsible for delivery of your assigned backlog items, communicating blockers and progress through-out the project lifecycle.
- Measure, own and drive predictability through Operational Excellence and transparency through data and KPIs.
- Own your software and guide your team to deliver it providing appropriate support for it.
- Help scope and define new solutions to problems while influencing the Roadmap and ensuring we delivery truly viable features and Products.
- Experience designing and delivering technology solutions for consumer facing products required to work at scale.
- Ability to lead a cross-functional team to problem solve and design best practice solutions for our application stack.
- Ability to pressure-test solutions, spot edge-cases and work with other Engineers to solve these.
- Experience defining and implementing software delivery best practices, agile delivery methodologies and proven track-record of continuously improving delivery pace while maintaining quality.
- Experience supporting software systems in production including on-call support with a relentless focus on improving the stability, availability and performance of those systems.
- Delivery of technology solutions working closely with multiple stakeholders and users.
- The ability to delivery architecturally sound solutions in the absence of a highly experienced individual contributor.
- Solid understanding of the industry and technologies used by your team.
What you get
Beyond working with such a great team?
- We invest in you, helping you grow and develop in your career
- We are all about knowledge sharing with optional workshops, talks and meet-ups
- Great salary, benefits package, stock options and flexible holidays
- Lots of team nights out and social events
- A hugely talented Engineering team to work alongside
- Because we can only grow with diversity and new ideas, we encourage all our employees to challenge the way things are done if they have great ideas about how they could be done
We’re very proud of the company we have created and the biggest contributor to our success is our people. We strive to create an environment that allows people to bring their whole selves to work, one that promotes a healthy work/life balance and one that is dedicated to supporting the personal and professional development of its people.
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgment or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.