FanDuel Group is a collection of brands operating at the intersection of sports, gaming, tech, and entertainment. Our mission is to give sports fans the chance to win everyday and create experiences they can’t wait to share with their friends.
We’re not just a company, we’re a collective. And we’re not just coworkers, we’re a community. We’re an all-hands-on-deck crew of dreamers, doers, thinkers, makers, builders, breakers, and rebuilders. We value teamwork above all else, and we believe that diversity and inclusiveness are at the core of any good team. Like any good sports team, we’ve got passion. Passion for building a product our customers will love, passion for being the best in our field, and passion for our own people. With a company that’s as committed to its people as it is to its customers, FanDuel is a great place to develop yourself and your career.
As a Senior Engineering Manager for our Sportsbook, You will own your own software and guide your team to deliver an unrivalled product experience for our players. While your team are working on bringing those experiences to life, you spend your time thinking about system design and helping to balance the bigger picture; business goals, dependency impacts and efficiency vs refactoring, scaling and extending features to properly support the life of your technology.
You will possess credible leadership and man-management skills, encouraging and supporting the team to put forward ideas and develop their abilities, ensuring they have clear direction and feel empowered to make decisions.
Our Sportsbook operates at massive scale, 24x7 so it’s important you hold yourself and your team accountable for delivering technology of an exceptionally high standard.
Some experience that would help you to be successful in the role
- You have a strong technical background and experience leading software development efforts
- You have a pragmatic approach to problem-solving and your experience should be built on a solid foundation of engineering development and operational support.
- You have prior experience in people management and a proven ability to get the best out of your teams.
- You have experience engaging with a variety of stakeholders from other business areas, creating collaborative and respectful relationships.
- The ability to lead constructive, cross-team technical discussions and deep dive into technical details; design choices, operability, dependencies etc
What you can expect
- An open and collaborative team who value and respect each other
- An autonomous environment where you are empowered to make decisions
- A new technical challenge around every corner, we’re never short of interesting problems to solve
- An excellent wellbeing package including, flexible working & uncapped holidays, employee assistance program, full medical, dental and optical cover and cycle to work scheme.
- Excellent development opportunities including, 10% time, hackathons, conference attendance, online and in-office training and a preference to promote from within.
- A stress-free financial package inclusive of, pension, life assurance, share save scheme, value creation rewards and season ticket commuter loans.
We’re very proud of the company we have created and the biggest contributor to our success is our people. We strive to create an environment that allows people to bring their whole selves to work, one that promotes a healthy work/life balance and one that is dedicated to supporting the personal and professional development of it’s people.
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.