Get to know us
eyeo is an open source software company whose market-leading ad-filtering technology powers products like Adblock Plus, Adblock and Adblock Browser, and whose privacy-first products like Crumbs promote transparency and an improved browsing experience. eyeo is dedicated to giving users control of their online experience while fostering a sustainable online value exchange to offer creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the content they provide.
In combining our reach of distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 225 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo has colleagues based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
What you'll do
As Head of Accounting & Tax, you'll lead a team of 3 accountants and report to the VP Finance. Your primary focus will be guiding our accounting / tax / treasury unit to the next level. As a growing international company, this role provides ample opportunities to further develop your knowledge and expertise at a global level.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
- Lead the accounting team
- Manage the preparation of consolidated financials for a group of 7 legal entities in 4 countries
- Coordinate and monitor all ongoing bookkeeping activities (general ledger / accounts payables / accounts receivables)
- Manage German and international tax compliance by coordinating the activities of our external tax advisors
- Manage the maintenance of the accounting software stack (LucaNet and local accounting software solutions)
- Analyze existing finance processes, identify improvement opportunities and drive the implementation of new processes and tools
- Implement treasury processes that reduce FX P&L impacts and improve working capital
- Provide friendly and meaningful support to your eyeo colleagues and external stakeholders regarding financial matters
What you bring to the table...
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience
- Love of technology
- Excellent communication skills
- A personality that thrives as a team player in an ever-changing environment
- Eagerness to learn new information and skills
- Passion for working in an international (30+ nationalities) and diverse work environment
- Fluent in German so that you e.g. understand German tax code, if necessary
It's awesome, but not required, if you have...
- Public accounting experience (audit or tax)
- Experience with BI tools, SQL, data modeling
What we offer
- Work from home or one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly child care stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and the annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons