Get to know us
Are you searching for a place where you can grow as a professional? Do you have a proactive attitude and can effectively turn your ideas into reality? Do you have a curious nature and the willingness to experiment and find solutions?
Then this might just be the right place for you.
We create free / libre and open source software that puts users in control over their online browsing experience. Our desktop and mobile products, such as Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr, help sustain and grow a fair, open web, because they give users control while providing content publishers with a user-friendly way to sustain their businesses. Our most popular product, Adblock Plus (ABP), is currently used on over 100 million active devices.
eyeo is headquartered in Cologne, Germany with satellite offices in Berlin and Malmö. However, much of our team works remotely — and so can you. This role does require traveling a few times per year to Germany, but don’t worry – we’ll cover your travel expenses and legend has it we have a killer coffee at our headquarters.
What you’ll do
As a Web Frontend Developer, you’ll update and maintain our existing online projects. Your passion for the web, proactive attitude and ability to write clean code will be instrumental in efficiently improving our websites.
After your morning coffee, you’ll be expected to...
- Work directly with Designers, Copywriters, Translation Managers, Quality Assurance Engineers and other
- Developers to ensure delivery of projects
- Maintain and actively seek improvements to our existing websites
- Solve any cross-platform, cross device, multi-browser or internationalization issues
- Efficiently communicate with team members, with the ultimate goal of delivering high quality projects
What we expect
- At least 3 years of work experience as a Frontend Developer
- Experienced developing responsive websites
- A deep understanding of how the web works, including browser quirks, internationalization, security and performance
- Experience with version control
- Proactive about projects and initiates efficient collaboration with other team members
- Writes quality, highly-maintainable code
- Self-starter, open to new technologies and pragmatic about using them
- Has the ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly, with loose (at best) direction
- Fluent in verbal and written English