At Expa we’re dedicated to being the best place for entrepreneurs to create and build companies. Expa was founded in 2013 by Uber co-founder Garrett Camp to help bring great ideas to life. We’re builders, founders, and operators ourselves, know the struggles that come with starting a new company, and what it takes to succeed. We support entrepreneurs with more than just funding — we offer a valuable network, office space, and our advice and expertise.
Expa Studio combines technical and design expertise, operational support, and capital to turn bold ideas into category-defining companies. We are continually ideating on new studio company ideas and are looking for a great Director of Product Management to help drive an upcoming project from tiny seed to sapling. The ideal candidate must love creating and growing products from the very early stages. You are always coming up with new ideas and thinking of ways to integrate them into products to make them better. You will help build the right features for users by planning and driving the roadmap, and helping to iterate and learn quickly from users and data.
The ideal candidate has a technical background and is data-driven. They have prior experience working with products that are trying to present big data in useful and specific ways to the end user, creating and exploring different user experiences (via wireframing and UX work), and implementing analytics.
- Lead the research, design, development and launch of user-centric products
- Define goals and success with clearly measurable objectives and key results
- Understand user needs; identify and define product requirements
- Create wireframes and collaborate heavily with design
- Organize and drive the product roadmap and development with a strong team of engineers, designers, and operations
- Prioritize and build alignment across partners, founders, operations and marketing teams
- Implement an analytics system that will scale
- Communicate concisely and influence outcomes
- 5+ years in technical product roles working in enterprise B2B SaaS
- Prior experience working collaboratively with designers and engineers, and mentoring and developing talent
- Track record of working cross-functionally to build and ship products that users love
- You know how to dig into data and user interviews to uncover critical insights
- Capable of building a bridge between the grand vision and what the team needs to do week after week
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to be flexible, and to quickly adapt to new information
- Outstanding team leadership and communication skills
- Positive attitude and willing to roll up your sleeves to get anything done for your team
- Preference for having worked in data heavy environments, such as adtech, cybersecurity, AL/ML
- Location: preference for Los Angeles or Vancouver, CA; remote in the US is OK
The budgeted salary range for this role is between $180,000 to $250,000 annual, and is determined by various factors including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and location.