We are disrupting the trillion-dollar construction industry with technology, making it possible for almost any profession to operate remotely. Our company is the only startup combining the strengths of technology and remote work to solve the challenges of residential construction. Our software and data engine allow our remote team to offer customers a user-friendly local experience. We have integrated 3D CAD modeling, video, satellite mapping, appointment scheduling, real-time pricing data, regulations data in our suite of ERP software and mobile apps. Our software powers a growing all-remote team of hundreds of staff members, brought together by our shared values of being kind, investing in people, and being lean. You can read more about our all-remote engineering team here: Cracking the Code for All-Remote Engineering Teams
With the belief that everyone has a right to professional growth and respect regardless of their location, we proudly have staff (aka Ergeoneers) in dozens of countries, with a great score and recommendation rating on Glassdoor. Come join us to make construction friendly and accessible!
Ergeon: [er - g - eon]
Erg = unit of work or energy
Eon = billion years
Ergeon is founded by CS Ph.D. serial entrepreneurs Jiayue (Jenny) He and Odysseas Tstatalos. They picked this name to symbolize their joint passion for using tech to revolutionize work.
Overview of the Role
We are looking for an experienced, collaborative UIX engineer to join our development team. You will have a direct impact on the company's success by structuring our UIX approach, creating and encouraging team-wide best practices and driving strategic technical improvements to our setup. This is a hands-on role where you will spend time developing code, outlining design guidelines and defining best practices, as well as coaching junior engineers to help them grow.
The UIX Engineer is responsible for the interface design of Ergeon’s digital experience, including website & mobile applications for external users.You will be creating high-quality visual and digital assets that are consistent with our brand image and provide intuitive, responsive user experiences. You are responsible for communicating interface concepts from low-fidelity wireframes of user flows through high-fidelity mockups that provide a source of truth for our development team. You will help build our front-end architecture so it supports the desired user experience, and continuously improve our tech stack for optimal performance.
As a UIX engineer, you will collaborate closely with our Product team and our software developers to deliver on our ambitious Product roadmap.
- Create innovative design solutions in collaboration with product and developers.
- Understand our internal and external user groups, their behaviors, needs and motivations.
- Review and consult important user flows with business area experts.
- Deliver accurate and pixel perfect designs to developers following best practices.
- Design while anticipating how interfaces must adapt to scale and meet long term company goals.
- Create and maintain a design system in accordance with Ergeon’s brand.
- Set team directions and help guide design vision for the company.
- Build and sustain good working relationships with team members and help them by solving complex problems, reviewing designs, and sharing feedback.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of experience designing, developing and shipping complex applications.
- Deep care for user experience and producing high quality code.
- Proven ability to develop for product concepts, providing wireframes of user experience flows, and create interactive prototypes.
- Proficient with interface design software such as Sketch, Figma, or AdobeXD.
- Command of UIX design principles of typography, grids, hierarchies, and use of design systems.
- Ability to take ownership of a feature’s development end-to-end.
- Comfortable working remotely with a distributed team.
- Organization and clear communication skills.
Nice to have
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Experience with InVision or Framer prototyping tools.
- Experience with analytics tools, such as Google Analytics and Oribi.
- Experience working in an all-remote, distributed team.
- Experience with Scrum or other agile development process.
- Stable high-speed internet connection (at least 5mbps upload and 20 Mbps download)
Annual salary between $36 - $90 thousand USD, depending on experience and location.
- Your final compensation will depend on your placement on our Career Ladder and will be calculated hourly.
- You'll be paid weekly through Upwork (www.upwork.com), the platform we choose to hire and pay our Ergeoneers all over the world.
Additional important information
- Before starting as a full-time employee, you will have a training trial period: A World-class Engineering Mentoring of 2 weeks where you will be working 1-1 with a current engineer as your tutor. We open up our tools and code base so that you can work on real projects and go through our real development cycle.
- It includes 1-1 sessions, constant mentoring, teamwork, practical use and understanding of our technical tools, and live exercises to develop abilities.
- This period gives you the opportunity to decide if the job and the company are your perfect match, and it also helps us to know you better.
- The position is full-time, based on a 40 hours week.
- We expect you to be available from Monday through Friday, from 6:00am PST to 10:00am PST to attend the department and company meetings.
- The rest of the time can be managed by you according to your responsibilities.
Ergeon’s benefits and perks for full staff members
Competitive compensation: We invest in people! We are constantly doing worldwide market research in order to offer globally competitive salaries. And we are well funded by VCs.
All-Remote since the beginning: We have a diverse team spread across 40+ countries. We stay connected through the best remote work practices such as flexible work hours, team events, remote happy hours, and by sharing our love of food!
Tech, Wellness & Learning fund: You can have a $400USD bonus per year for software and hardware tools, workplace improvements, fitness-related spending (includes things like yoga classes, Fitbit tracker, new running shoes, gym membership, among others), and books, courses, training, or even attending conferences.
Stock options: All staff is eligible after 6 months of full-time work.
Birthday Paid day off: You can take the exact day, or Friday before if it is on a weekend!
Flexible Paid time off: You can take 12 days after working 6 months, + 2 extra days per year for a maximum of 20 days.
Free Headset Benefit: You can get a noise-canceling headset since your first day working full-time.
Equipment: Laptop replacement after 1 year of full-time work. And every 3 years after that.
Co-Working Fund: Meet in groups of 3+ Ergeon friends and get reimbursed up to USD $20 for coffee, co-working, etc (once per quarter).
Language Classes: here at Ergeon you will have the opportunity to learn or improve a language!
We believe everyone has a right to professional growth and respect, no matter their location.
Ergeon’s workforce is given meaningful opportunities and is supported by a kind and diverse community.
Our global staff (Ergeoneers) have access to career growth, amazing work culture, and great benefits.