Envoy builds transformative technology for world-class workplaces, challenging the status quo to make modern office life and work more meaningful. Today, Envoy is redefining how offices manage visitors and deliveries in over 13,000 locations around the globe while building for a new era of workplace innovation.
With over 50 million sign-ins to date, Envoy Visitors empowers workplaces to create a warm welcome for guests while safeguarding their people, property, and ideas. Envoy Deliveries ensures that office packages safely reach their recipients, without mailroom pile-ups or communication delays. Together, these solutions empower companies like American Express, Walmart, and Pinterest to create an unrivaled first impression, boost efficiency, and keep their offices secure and in compliance.
About the team and role:
Our Finance and Accounting Team plays a key role in preparing, managing, interpreting, and communicating the company’s financial information. We’re looking for an experienced Accounts Receivable Accountant who can take a lead role in invoicing customers on time and accurately, ensure timely collections of those invoices, manage the AR aging report and be the point person for customer billing and invoicing troubleshooting.
This position reports to our Revenue Accounting Manager.
- Taking ownership of administering the cash cycle including: invoicing, invoice collections, communications, cash receipt deposits, applications and reconciliations between systems
- Update and maintain collection forecast and schedules. Attain all information pertaining to billing and manage the AR Aging report for daily billing and collection efforts.
- Be a key player in month/quarter/year-end AR related accounting close activities
- Serve as the point person for customer and internal cross-functional inquiries and requests around billing and collection issues
- Play a key role in developing and maintaining sales and use tax database for nexus determination, invoicing implications and reporting requirements and prepare filings accordingingly
- Lead or assist in special projects as needed (e.g. audits, system implementation, etc.)
- Develop and adopt best practices for accounting and business processes
- 4+ years of experience in order to cash responsibilities and general accounting in public accounting or at a technology company (SaaS experience preferred)
- Strong understanding of accounting systems and data structure, especially billing systems. Experience with Salesforce, Xero, Netsuite, Oracle, Zuora, Stripe, or similar systems is essential.
- An undergraduate degree in Accounting (a CPA, or on the path to certification is a plus)
- Customer collections experience highly preferred
- Proficiency with Google Suite, macOS and MS Office Suite with intermediate skills in Excel including VLOOKUP, if functions, pivot tables, etc.
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and we believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.