Envoy makes workplaces work better. With a focus on the details, we craft beautiful, modern software that elevates the workplace experience. Companies like Google, Tesla, GitHub, Slack, Stripe and Pinterest, have worked with Envoy to welcome over 30 million visitors to more than 10,000 locations around the world. We are proudly backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Menlo Ventures, Initialized Capital, and many others.
Our mission is to challenge the status quo of workplace technology. This idea started at the front desk, where we set a new standard for visitor sign-in. Now, we’re looking around the office—to the mailroom, meeting rooms and beyond—and asking how can we make this better, too? We envision a world where technology is woven through our workplaces, all of it working together to make our time there delightful.
If this world sounds exciting, we’d love for you to help us build the Office OS.
About the role
Play a key role in administering the cash cycle
- Daily billing of customers
- Daily cash posting of ACHs, wire and check payments
- Assist with operational issues such as resolving customer inquiries
- Contacting delinquent accounts for the collection of past due receivables
- Identify potential problem accounts and minimize potential bad debt exposure
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop solutions to identified system or process issues related to customer A/R
Be a key player in month/quarter/year-end accounting close activities
- Prepare, record and analyze accounts and transactions in accounts receivables, deferred revenue, revenue, etc.
- Prepare reconciliations and in-depth account fluctuation analysis over multiple periods.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial close activities within timelines
Be a key player in the effort to develop and adopt best practices for accounting and business processes
- Develop and maintain internal controls, policies, procedures, and scalability improvements including documentation of the control environment and systems tools to automate and streamline
- Identify business process improvement opportunities and be a driving force in implementing those improvements company-wide
Be a contributing team member to help make decisions that impact how the company operates
- Adapt to new tasks and responsibilities as the business expands, including accounting for international activities
- Partner with cross-functional teams including support, sales, engineering and various business owners on a variety of projects
- Train new team members
- Support external audit or tax requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Ad-hoc projects as required or as business scales
- At least 4 years of accounting experience in public accounting or at a technology company (SaaS experience preferred)
- Strong understanding of accounting systems and data structure, especially billing systems. Experience with Salesforce, Xero, Netsuite, Oracle, Zuora, Stripe, or similar systems is essential.
- An undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance (a CPA, or on the path to certification is a plus)
- Strong understanding of revenue recognition for SaaS business (ASC 606)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and macOS
- A self-starter who enjoys working in challenging and fast-paced, start-up environment
- Detail-oriented, with strong financial knowledge
- Able to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- A great communicator, both oral and written
- An expert in prioritizing tasks with minimal supervision
- Self-driven with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and receptive to constructive criticism
- Equally happy working alone or with a team
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and we believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.