Envoy makes workplaces work better. With a focus on the details, we craft beautiful, modern software that elevates the workplace experience. Companies like Google, Tesla, GitHub, Slack, Stripe and Pinterest, have worked with Envoy to welcome over 30 million visitors to more than 10,000 locations around the world. We are proudly backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Menlo Ventures, Initialized Capital, and many others.
Our mission is to challenge the status quo of workplace technology. This idea started at the front desk, where we set a new standard for visitor sign-in. Now, we’re looking around the office—to the mailroom, meeting rooms and beyond—and asking how can we make this better, too? We envision a world where technology is woven through our workplaces, all of it working together to make our time there delightful.
If this world sounds exciting, we’d love for you to help us build the Office OS.
About the team and role:
Our Finance and Accounting Team plays a key role in preparing, managing, interpreting, and communicating the company’s financial information. We’re looking for an experienced Accounts Receivable Accountant who can take a lead role in invoicing customers on time and accurately, ensure timely collections of those invoices, manage the AR aging report and be the point person for customer billing and invoicing troubleshooting.
This position reports to our Revenue Accounting Manager.
- Taking ownership of administering the cash cycle including: invoicing, invoice collections, communications, cash receipt deposits, applications and reconciliations between systems
- Update and maintain collection forecast and schedules. Attain all information pertaining to billing and manage the AR Aging report for daily billing and collection efforts.
- Be a key player in month/quarter/year-end AR related accounting close activities
- Serve as the point person for customer and internal cross-functional inquiries and requests around billing and collection issues
- Play a key role in developing and maintaining sales and use tax database for nexus determination, invoicing implications and reporting requirements and prepare filings accordingingly
- Lead or assist in special projects as needed (e.g. audits, system implementation, etc.)
- Develop and adopt best practices for accounting and business processes
- 4+ years of experience in order to cash responsibilities and general accounting in public accounting or at a technology company (SaaS experience preferred)
- Strong understanding of accounting systems and data structure, especially billing systems. Experience with Salesforce, Xero, Netsuite, Oracle, Zuora, Stripe, or similar systems is essential.
- An undergraduate degree in Accounting (a CPA, or on the path to certification is a plus)
- Customer collections experience highly preferred
- Proficiency with Google Suite, macOS and MS Office Suite with intermediate skills in Excel including VLOOKUP, if functions, pivot tables, etc.
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and we believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.