The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
Enviva is seeking a Production Manager for our Franklin, VA facility. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
As a Production Manager, your mission is to manage the people on your shift and the end-to-end production process to safely produce pellets which meet our production goals and quality specifications
- Monitor, coach, and hold your shift (~10-20 hourly associates across Quality, Operations, and Maintenance) accountable in performing their jobs safety and in accordance with defined operating procedures to achieve safety, quality, and production goals
- Direct your team and contractors to effectively deal with unexpected / upset conditions in the production process to achieve production goals; doing everything yourself is not an option
- Demonstrate safety and operations procedures and equipment operation to new employees and ensure team completes required monthly trainings and certifications
- Complete employee performance reviews
- Reviewing electronic instrument trend charts, equipment dashboards, and quality data to diagnose and resolve issues in the production process
- Communicate progress and issues with other plant leaders via hourly production report and end of shift report in an effective and timely manner
- Lead a shift-turnover meeting, communicating to oncoming shift any safety incidents / issues, quality performance, production performance, and any special instructions
- Review and ensure compliance with safe work practices, operational excellence management standards, and standard operating procedures
- Record safety, quality, and production incidents during shift using Enviva’s electronic operational excellence management system
- Review and approve time/attendance using UltiPro HR Information Management System
- Enter work requests for emergency breakdowns and observed issues in the electronic asset management system
- Ensure you have appropriate coverage from other shifts / areas to cover for any planned / unplanned time-off
People leader – Inspires and motivates through teaching people how to execute their jobs at the highest level. Cares about people and helps those people care about one another and the team’s goals. Not afraid and willing to have difficult conversations with people on your team to address performance or behavior issues, knowing you must to be successful in this job.
Toughness of character – Demonstrated tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done. Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in high-stress environment for extended periods of time. Stays calm and collected during emergency situations. Willing and able to make tough decisions in the moment, evaluating information at hand.
Hustle – Looks at the task at hand, as well as what may lie ahead to anticipate and prepare for issues. You have a plan and a backup plan if that plan doesn’t work or achieve the result you desire. Keeps pushing team to do more than the “bare minimum” to create cushion to deal with the unexpected.
Data-driven – Demonstrated ability to observe events or data, identify patterns, and surface underlying causes which drive safety, quality, or production issues. Uses quality data and machine data to diagnose and resolve problems in the production process.
Extreme ownership – Understands there is a fine line between reasons and excuses. Assumes total ownership and accountability for situation and outcomes, regardless of circumstances. Is not a victim – does not blame others, environment, or factors outside of his/her control.
Growth mindset – Believes talents can be developed through hard work, good strategies, and input from others. Demonstrated track record of seeking to learn and improve self. Seeking to understand “the why” for tasks and procedures.
- Willing and able to use a computer – including Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, PowerPoint, Outlook Email) and Rockwell VantagePoint (dashboards and machine trends)
- Willing and able to work a rotating (days / nights), 12-hour shift schedule
- Willing and able to work in both indoor and outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing ladders and steps, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery, and, at times, confined spaces
- Willing and able to pull and lift up to 50 pounds
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Willing and able to perform essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.