The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
Enviva is looking for a Trainee Operator that would be trained in all aspects of a continuous operation pellet manufacutring facility. This role will include training in roles of pellet mill, hammer mill, quality, and rail out load
- Walk around with previous shift to understand current state of machines
- Check each machine to ensure they are running properly and adjust machines as needed
- Properly clean machines once taken down for maintenance
- Check grease drums and hot rolls and address as needed throughout day
- Communicate operational information as required
- Loading finished goods into rail cars
- Safely operator mobile equipment (Track Mobile, Shuttle Wagon) to move rail cars
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment. Enter maintenance work requests as applicable.
- Accurately enter data into worksheets to account for inventory and confirm all reporting accurately completed as required.
- Take quality samples as needed
- General housekeeping, organization, maintenance projects and cleanup of the facility and property
- Follow all workplace and job safety procedures.
- Develop and maintain operational records from inspections.
- Communicate operational information as required.
- Perform/coordinate maintenance on equipment per job instructions.
- Escalate issues promptly for proper resolution.
- Perform other duties as required and serve as a back-up resource as needed.
- High school diploma or able to complete GED requirements with six months of hire
- Must demonstrate mechanical aptitude
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal job instructions
- Proficient in mathematics and measurement
- Team player demonstrated with past work experience or activities
- Ability to work multiple shift schedules to support 24x7 operations
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery
- Willing and able to pull and lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Willing to work rotating 12 hour shifts
Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.