The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
Enviva is looking for a talented Contract Specialist to join our dynamic legal team. You will perform a wide range of tasks in support of legal, contract management and procurement. This position reports to the Associate General Counsel and will provide dedicated support for all aspects of vendor contracting (formation through closeout), claim management, disputes, litigation and implementation of management initiatives. This position is also responsible for supporting the development and administration of tools, templates, and training to improve the legal, contracting, claims, and formal dispute resolution processes.
Contract Formation and Management
- Assist with the drafting, review, negotiation, and oversight of a wide variety of contracts, ranging from routine to complex transactional matters, ensuring that all technical, commercial and legal considerations have been properly reviewed and are clearly reflected in the documents.
- Working closely with the Procurement Department on the development, maintenance, modification, and use of: 1) best in class contract templates, 2) legal advice on the use of templates, 3) alternative contract language, and 4) repository for contract documents.
Claims, Disputes and Formal Dispute Resolution
- Working closely with legal, contract management and all other necessary functions in order to support all aspects of claims, disputes and formal dispute resolution matters.
- Under the supervision of counsel, investigating specific claims and disputes, devising and recommending sound dispute resolution strategies, communicating findings, and preparation and presentation of corresponding reports to management. Where requested, implementing resolution strategies.
- As requested, providing innovative, pragmatic, timely, and business-oriented advice to Enviva internal clients and stakeholders in a positive and constructive manner.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues on complex legal and contractual matters and to promote the development, sharing, and replication of best practices and learnings.
- Bachelor’s Degree, (an advanced degree such as a JD would be beneficial although not required).
- At least five years’ experience with contracts (including formation), claims, dispute resolution, and litigation support. Claims, dispute management and formal dispute resolution support experience is essential.
- Detail-oriented, meticulous and strong organizational skills, with
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to handle and prioritize multiple matters simultaneously and to work independently in a fast-paced, high-growth and quickly changing environment. The demonstrated ability to implement and effectuate change.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimal Travel Required (5-10%)
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.