The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
The Project Manager will join the Construction Team as the leader of all construction efforts for the new Lucedale pellet plant. This role will report to the Vice President, Construction and will be responsible for planning and overseeing the construction of the plant on time, on budget, and per Enviva specifications.
- Ensure a safe workplace and job site by adhering to safe work practices and the applicable site-specific safety plan
- Serve as a key member of a matrix organization, coordinating closely with various departments and functions across the company
- Partner with engineering team, plant operations, and respective cross-disciplinary support teams to develop scopes of work, engineering drawings, and other required project specifications
- Plan and execute capital projects ($50-200MM) while managing to the set project budget and schedule
- Communicate and coordinate with internal Enviva stakeholders and subcontractors to ensure a consistent understanding and execution of identified schedule objectives, budget adherence, and work activities
- Coordinate with Project Control team from initial project funding/capital request through project closure
- Review cost and schedule performance including detailed budget variances, change orders, quantities reports, and other key performance indicators
- Prepare, issue, deliver project progress reports (daily to monthly); provide detailed project progress reports to Executive Staff
- Manage external resources as required, serving as company representative to subcontractors for all planning and scheduling activities
- Manage and maintain the project risk register, assigning key action items and owners to mitigate and manage all identified project risks
- Comply with safety, good housekeeping, product quality, and related regulatory requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum Years of Experience
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of manufacturing/industry experience
- Minimum ten (10) years dedicated project manager experience
- Education Requirements
- Technical degree
- PMP Certification
- Specialized knowledge or Industry Experience
- Working knowledge of Process / Value Stream Mapping and FMEA
- Strong problem-solving ability using DMAIC, PDCA, 8D, or Cause Mapping structure
- Communication Skills
- Driver of action
- Comfortable speaking and presenting detailed information in a group setting
- Excellent interpersonal and team leadership skills
- Computer Literacy
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with the ability to learn other applications related to the job
- Working knowledge of Oracle Aconex and P6 highly desirable
- Professional Certification
- Active or certification candidates must be actively working to obtain
- Other characteristics
- Unwavering sense of trust, respect, honesty, and integrity
- Highly detail-oriented and well-organized
- Must be data-driven and possess a high level of attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter with ability to prioritize workload
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- Experience in wood processing
- Six Sigma Certification (GB or BB)
- Lean/Continuous Improvement experience
- Must be able to work on site at the Epes, Alabama construction site during construction and through ramp and complete turnover of the plant from Construction to Operations.
- Able to travel to engineering (EoR) and vendor offices, Bethesda Corporate, Raleigh Corporate, and other Enviva Plants and Ports, as necessary. Expected travel from core job site (Mobile, AL during engineering and Epes, AL during construction, ramp, turnover) is approximately 25% but may change dependent upon business needs.
- Able to work outdoors for extended periods of time in heat, rain, and cold.
- Able to work weekends and evenings as required by the construction schedule.
- Able to easily navigate on foot an operating construction site daily, including climbing stairs and scaffolding, walking through uneven and rough terrain, and entering confined spaces (as necessary).
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.