The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
The German office of Enviva is looking for a business analyst with a passion to help drive forward the use of sustainable bioenergy as part of the Energiewende and Germany’s Climate Targets. We are looking to grow our small team in a beautiful office and to combine an intense workload with a great team spirit.
The Business Analyst will work closely with senior management and support the business development in Germany by conducting research in the following fields: Forestry and bioenergy, domestic and European energy policy, energy markets and supply chain logistics. The aim is to provide detailed data on selected topics and help to quantity and illustrate trends and opportunities in the field of bioenergy use. Gathering, interpretation and visualization of information in form of charts and presentations will play an important role for business development.
As an instrumental member of the greater Sales and Marketing team, the Business Analyst will support driving optimization through the creation of briefing papers, charts, presentations. In addition, the business analyst will participate in client and stakeholder meetings, together with senior management or on its own. This position reports to the General Manager (Germany) and will also provide various ad hoc support within the office and team.
- Assist the Sales and Marketing team with research and analytical reporting to help drive strategic decisions related to energy policy, new business opportunities, supply chain logistics, client outreach etc.
- Conduct financial, cost/benefit, and scenario analysis to find optimal solutions to operational challenges.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for senior management and Board of Directors with meaningful takeaways.
- Work with the General Manager to develop and maintain reporting tools.
- Create and maintain KPI report to track performance.
- Perform ad hoc tasks to help support the development of new office space and staffing.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Background in forestry, economics or supply chain logistics a plus.
- Demonstrable experience preparing presentations and short research papers.
- Excel proficiency to develop and run financial analysis and models.
- Self-driven curiosity to acquire detailed understanding of new fields.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Sound judgment, strong problem solving skills and experience working in teams.
- Proficient English and German, written and spoken, is a must.
- Good “people skills” – ability to cold call to request information and to give presentations in person
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- Work experience abroad
- Environmental policy interest
- Experience in energy markets
- Polish language skills
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.