The Enviva team is driven by our shared vision for a renewable energy future. We are a fast-growing, purpose-driven, global energy company specializing in delivering sustainable wood bioenergy solutions. We are the world’s largest producer of sustainable wood pellets, which provide a low-carbon alternative to fossil fuels.
Operational Excellence Auditors are part of the Operational Excellence Team and are responsible for providing assurance that all Enviva’s facilities are operating in conformance with the requirements of the Operational Excellence Management System. Auditors will plan, conduct, and report the results of Operational Excellence Audits conducted at our manufacturing and terminal facilities across the southeast United States. Operational Excellence Audits cover a wide range of operating processes that include everything from audits against high level Operational Excellence Management System (OEMS) Standards to site-level safe work practices, standard operating procedures, and maintenance procedures. In addition, they will provide guidance on best practices, trends, and areas of improvement to all levels of Enviva leadership. This position will provide the right candidate an exceptional opportunity to learn about Enviva’s operations and gain exposure to leaders and team members across the company.
Note: This is not a financial auditor position
- Coordinating with all facilities to develop annual audit schedules
- Develop audit plans and audit protocol
- Conduct audits
- Develop audit notes and reports that accurately portray the actions taken to assess a facility and the findings of those actions
- Assist facilities in conducting self-assessments
- Interface with all levels of the company from frontline team members to the Enviva executive team
- Connecting the dots between facilities to surface best practices, operational improvements, and continuous improvement of our operations processes
- Assist the OEMS Director with Operational Excellence tasks as required
- The home office for this position is located at our regional offices in Raleigh, NC. Approximately 50-60% travel to operating facilities will be required. Most facilities are within a 3-4 hour drive
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Operations related field
- High degree of integrity commensurate with trust placed in our Operational Excellence Auditors
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to manage conflict, have difficult conversations and provide critical feedback while simultaneously building trust and rapport
- Strong coaching skills focused on optimizing performance thru driving individual and/or team growth
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Ability to understand complex technical procedures and processes
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and hold leaders accountable
- Desire to learn about manufacturing operations and processes
Preferred Qualifications - What Will Set You Apart
- Prior auditing experience in quality, EHS or procurement including ISO based auditing
- Prior experience working in a Wood Products or other process based manufacturing operation
- Proficiency with database, project management, and reporting processes
- Knowledge of advanced statistical analysis methodologies (i.e. hypothesis testing, regression, etc.).
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50-60% to our various operating areas
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery
- Willing and able to pull and lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Enviva is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. Enviva does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member, genetic information or any other status protected by law. Enviva complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we operate.