TALENT DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
ABOUT ENVISION CONSULTING
We are a boutique consulting firm specializing in services to the not-for-profit sector. We are based in Pasadena and have strategy and executive search clients across the country.
Talent Development Specialist may seem like a nebulous title they hand out in retail operations, but here at Envision Consulting, we recognize that our candidates are nonprofit superstars, transacting important change. We should call you “Candidate Experience, Ambassador & Achiever,” but we understand that creative titles look weird on your resume. The Talent Development Specialist is our in-house candidate guru, learning more about the professionals in our community with an eye towards helping them meet their professional goals, and ensuring an exceptional experience for our candidates throughout and after our interview process. In this position, you will report to the Director of Search Services directly on ongoing searches, and our entire team to advise us on changing trends in our candidate pool and candidate experience; and you will interact with candidates and clients alike.
Our unique business will require someone who is organized and outgoing, and who loves meeting people and being an advocate for them. We seek a talented individual who craves learning new skills and is not afraid to tackle big projects.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Consulting isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. While some dream of sipping coffees at Starbucks or holding meetings at the beach, Envision Consulting is a company on the cusp of major growth and thought leadership. We’re running a high-energy enterprise focused on business development and process design for non-profits in critical leadership transitions. We build leaders in the nonprofit industry, which means we need to be leaders ourselves – we’re nimble, we’re industrious, and we are always building and innovating.
We are looking for the same kind of candidates. That’s where you come in. You’re a natural connector, a cultivator, and you see potential everywhere. You are halfway between coach and consultant. You both see what is possible and can connect the dots between candidates and clients. You’re also able to add valuable experience to our entire team and our clients by adding insights about the nonprofit talent pool. Lastly, you help us strategize with our marketing team to help seek out and reach passive candidates.
The talent development specialist is the day-to-day contact for candidates within our database and performs active recruiting and cultivation of candidates. His/her primary responsibilities are to build the pipeline of candidates for our executive search and consulting projects; to create and manage a CRM system that keeps track of candidates; and create monthly reporting for our candidate database. This position also may be staffed directly on search and strategy projects, working directly with clients.
Want to get on board? Here are the details:
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Talent Recruiting, Vetting and Development
- Execute the interview and vetting process for candidates in our search pipeline.
- Schedule interviews and meetings across all lines of service.
- Create client reports on recruiting and search efforts.
- Analyze survey data to create competitive analyses, compensation analyses, candidate profiles, and other reports.
- Conduct organization stakeholder interviews.
- Conduct video screenings, in-person interviews, panel interviews and after placement coaching and reviews as needed.
- Create a process for sourcing and recruiting that can be replicated throughout the search line of business, ultimately creating a pipeline for each Executive Search.
- Strategize in collaboration with the Director of Search Services to develop our candidate database.
- Represent Envision Consulting externally at job fairs, nonprofit mixers, and other external events to meet candidates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Give feedback and suggest ways to increase candidate engagement.
- Develop candidate outreach plan on social media channels and virtual group engagement.
- Work with our Marketing Specialist to create engaging content meant to draw in candidates.
- Support client and candidate communications campaigns in our CRM software (Hubspot.)
- Conduct focus groups and take notes as assigned.
- Perform landscape research on various clients to determine like or similar organizations.
- Prior Nonprofit Experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in recruiting or human resources are a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a team-oriented environment.
- Solid experience with CRM software (Hubspot) and MS Office (particularly MS Excel).
- Dependable transportation, a driver’s license, and insurance.
- A sense of urgency.
- A sense of humor.
This is an on-site position based in Pasadena, California. This is not a remote role. Paid vacation, sick and holiday time. Subsidized health insurance. Optional dental, vision and disability.
Envision Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application process may contact Envision Consulting at 626.889.7905 to request and arrange for assistance.