The Writer’s Guild Foundation
ABOUT THE WRITER’S GUILD FOUNDATION (WGF)
Since 1966, the Writer’s Guild Foundation has been the premier Hollywood resource for emerging writers and entertainment lovers. A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, the Foundation’s mission is to preserve and promote the history and craft of writing for the screen. WGF supports the community through various programs, including their Veterans Writing Project, their Volunteer and Mentorship Programs, their Archive, and the Shavelson-Webb Library – the world’s only library devoted entirely to writing for the screen.
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Development Manager will spearhead fundraising efforts as WGF continues to grow. The Development Manager will have the opportunity to build out the development function and guide fund development strategy including major gifts, grant-writing activities and special events. The ideal candidate has a passion for writing, film, television and must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Sense of humor required!
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and executes WGF's annual fundraising plan.
- Secures financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Establishes forecasts and tracks goals.
- Manages the organization’s donor database and ensures accuracy and optimum use.
- Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with major donors.
- Creates and executes a strategy for a large, sustained base of annual individual donors.
- Oversees organization of special events related to fundraising or programming.
- Develops and tracks proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Cultivates and stewards relationships with key constituencies.
- Researches, evaluate, rates, and assigns donors and prospective donors to be solicited with appropriate monitoring and follow through.
- Helps write and produce collateral materials for fundraising projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 3 years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising.
- Experience developing and implementing communications strategies.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Smart, witty, considerate, flexible and entrepreneurial personality!
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to "manage by influence".
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
- Understanding of and appreciation for the art and business of television and film.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation range is between $50,000 and $60,000 per year, plus excellent benefits, a generous vacation package and work-life balance.
The Writer’s Guild Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ applicants.
Envision Consulting has been retained to conduct the search The Writer’s Guild Foundation’s incoming Development Manager.