Positions Report to: Deputy Director, Data and Compliance
Key Relationships: Managing Director, Operations; Deputy Superintendents; Principals
Start Date: Immediate
Hours: 7:40 am – 4:15 pm + some out of school time responsibilities
Compensation: EHTP offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
FLSA Status: Exempt
Who We Are
East Harlem Scholars Academies are community-based Pre-K to 12 public charter schools operated by East Harlem Tutorial Program (EHTP). EHTP began in 1958 as a children's reading group and has since grown into a multi-site after-school program for traditional public school students and a network of public charter schools focused on significantly increasing the college graduation rate in East Harlem. We are on track to serve at least 25% of East Harlem students by 2025, with enrollment for this year at approximately 2200 students in our schools and after school programs.
At EHTP we also aim to serve as an agent of change and thoughtfully contribute to the national fight for racial equity. Through our organization-wide commitment to anti-racism work, we prepare our scholars to effect change, challenge the status quo, and thrive in the world around them. As staff members, we face our own racial identities and conscious and unconscious biases. With this in mind, all of our professional development, curriculum, organizational materials, and processes are designed with a goal of racial justice. Read our racial equity statement here.
We ground all of our work in racial equity, in our core values, and in our four guiding pursuits: the Revolutionary Pursuit of Love, the Radical Pursuit of Knowledge, the Responsive Pursuit of Healing, and in the Relentless Pursuit of Results. These pursuits inform and are reflected in our current four key strategic priorities: to increase high-impact, high-quality academic curriculum, programming content, staff capacity, and coaching; to embrace and advance our use of technology; to deepen our embodiment of ethical and equitable radical humanity; and to efficiently operationalize teaching, learning, community, and care. For more information about Scholars Academies, please visit us at www.eastharlemscholars.org.
About the Opportunity
The Data Associate is responsible for managing recurring and ad-hoc data collection, analysis, and reporting for all EHTP programs; and building out processes with the Data Manager to improve knowledge-sharing and data-driven decision making across our schools and programs, including our East Harlem Teaching Residency (EHTR) and Out-of-School (OST) programs.
Breakdown of the role
- 60% - Supporting instructional leaders in the creation and customization of data dashboards and reports.
- 10% - Working with operations and development team on compliance and grant reports.
- 10% - Supporting staff with ad hoc data requests
- 10% - Managing data audit process
- 10% - Supporting Deputy Director of Data as liaison with external vendors
Areas of Responsibility
- Develop, evaluate, manage, and continuously improve student-facing data collection, analysis, and reporting, including all school-based dashboards
- Partner with the Data Manager to compile and present internal and external reports (quarterly and annually) of school performance for all staff and stakeholders including school leadership and instructional leadership teams, deputy superintendents and network leaders, and Senior Management Team
- Regularly audit all databases and tools to ensure data integrity, equity, and accuracy
- Provide quality assurance to all data sources and dashboards
- Drive the school-wide implementation and management of Gradebook in PowerSchool
- Synthesize data that contributes to overall understanding of the impact our schools and programs have on students in terms of academics, SEL, and college access/success
- Create ad hoc reports and analyses for special projects across the organization
What Qualifies You
- You have at least 2-3 years of data and information systems experience, preferably with a school network or mission-driven nonprofit organization
- You have a race and equity lens that guides your work and efforts to think about the role and impact of data in driving decision-making
- You believe that every student can and will learn when provided with a quality education understand; and have experience with schools, teaching, and learning, through direct instructional experience or partnership with educators
- You have experience managing strategies and systems from the ground up that are clear, efficient, and aligned to organizational goals
- You have the ability to present data and information in a clear, concise manner
- You are willing to be flexible in your role and adapt to school and student needs
- You are committed to continuous improvement and learning through professional development
- You have strong customer service, positive attitude and problem solving approach
- You have comprehensive knowledge and experience with PowerSchool (or other Student Information System), Google Education Platform, and Microsoft Excel
- You hold yourself to high professional and ethical standards
For the safety of our students and staff, East Harlem Tutorial Program requires all staff members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We do allow for medical and religious exemptions that adhere to our policy and CDC guidelines. If you have any questions and would like further information, please reach out to HR@ehtp.org.
Thank you for taking the time to submit an application.