As one of the first pioneers of earned wage access, our passion at EarnIn is building products that deliver real time financial flexibility for those with the unique needs of living paycheck to paycheck. Our community members access their earnings as they earn them, with options to spend, save, and grow their money without mandatory fees, interest rates, or credit checks. Since our founding, our app has been downloaded over 13M times and we have provided access to $15 billion in earnings.
We’re fortunate to have an incredibly experienced leadership team, combined with world-class funding partners like A16Z, Matrix Partners, DST, and a very healthy core business with a tremendous runway. We’re growing fast and are excited to continue bringing world class talent onboard to help shape the next chapter of our growth journey.
We're on a mission to reinvent the financial system and make it work for people. We are looking for passionate and resourceful engineers to join our backend teams. You will have the opportunity to make an impact with your technical contributions and how people think about money. While we are based out of our Headquarters in Palo Alto, CA, we welcome our employees to “work from anywhere”. Currently, we are considering candidates across the US, Canada and Latin America.
Our current team is largely composed of experienced, senior engineers who are excellent mentors. Many of them have worked in elite tech giants such as Meta, Apple, Amazon, Netflix, Google, Uber, Dropbox, etc.
As a Senior Staff Engineer for our card team, you will work cross functionally with various teams and will have the opportunity to contribute to the design and development of our backend services. Come make a difference with us and have fun doing it!
This is a remote position. The US base salary range for this full-time position is $188,000 - $330,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location.
What You'll Do:
- Work with the leadership across EarnIn to deliver on our mission: building a financial system that works for everyday people.
- Be a strong partner to product and other engineering teams to drive improvements to business metrics and build new features. Examples include improving user acquisition metrics, cross and upsell products and improving the EarnIn card user experience
- Create the roadmap and drive its implementation with your team across the company.
- Recruit other great engineers for your team and help in the recruiting efforts for other teams.
- Be a mentor and coach for the engineers in your team and help them advance their careers by enabling them to do the best work of their lives.
- Provide technical leadership to developers both in your team and across the engineering organization.
- Manage cross-functional relationships with all teams to deliver high quality products.
- Contribute to engineering wide initiatives at EarnIn.
What We're Looking For:
- Lead or made significant contributions to large feature releases with organizational impact
- Designed and implemented systems and frameworks that have succeeded over a long term
- Recognized in the organization as an expert in multiple domains and have made many high-quality contributions to projects
- Mentors multiple Senior or Staff level Engineers to ensure that you are not a single point of failure
- Sets the architectural direction for the company - planned and executed against a roadmap.
- Participates in recruiting for the organization by sourcing, interviewing, and closing offers for managers.