Cumberland - a DRW Company, is the cryptoasset arm of DRW, established in 2014 after pursuing an early interest in cryptoassets and their underlying technologies. Today, Cumberland is a global leader in cryptoassets, uniquely positioned between the traditional financial markets and the cryptoasset ecosystem. From our offices in Chicago, London and Singapore, Cumberland provides 24-hour access to a wide array of cryptoassets while helping the crypto ecosystem evolve in a responsible, sustainable way.
We are currently looking for a Quantitative Research Team Lead to join our growing cryptoassets trading team.
- Develop new and improve existing quantitative or algorithmic trading strategies
- Identify and explain structural market inefficiencies and characterize them via mathematical models
- Identify and implement predictive price signals using machine learning, signal processing, and statistics
- Develop strategies to optimize execution utilizing market microstructure analysis
- Manage a team of quantitative researchers including mentorship, task allocation, and hiring
- Establish research priorities in conjunction with Cumberland leadership, traders, and software engineers
- Provide direction for the implementation of research platforms and strategies in production software systems
- 5+ years of professional financial markets quantitative research experience
- Graduate degree with a focus on machine learning, signal processing, optimization, or statistics
- Extensive experience programmatically working with large data sets in Python, C++, or similar programming languages
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in a distributed team environment is a plus
- Experience in cryptoassets is not a requirement; training will be provided if necessary
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.