Dovetail’s mission is to enable the world to create better products and services through deep customer understanding. We empower 45,000+ people, from agencies to universities to Fortune 100 companies, to make sense of their customer research in one collaborative and powerful research platform.
We’re building a highly efficient go-to-market model where anyone who wants to understand their customers can adopt, use, and scale Dovetail without any barriers or friction. The Growth team works to accelerate this go-to-market model by identifying opportunities to make impactful improvements for our customers and business. The team works to identify the clearest opportunities for business impact, and then works backwards from there to execute on the biggest customer problems they can solve.
This role sits within our Growth team where you’ll be focused on developing a scalable education program and engaging learning material to help potential and existing customers get the most value out of Dovetail. Dovetail is a highly adaptable product that can be used for a variety of research methods, in a diverse range of industries, by people with varying skills and experience with research. Helping these folks get up to speed and getting the more out of Dovetail is a massive opportunity for us.
What you’ll do
- Be a Dovetail expert. Act as a Dovetail expert to train and educate customers on features and functionality. You’ll bring your professional experience in research and deep product knowledge together to help all our customers unlock the potential of Dovetail in their organizations.
- Drive our product education program. Build out a scalable one-to-many education program to help customers understand how they can best use Dovetail for their research. We have thousands of users with a range of research experience, so you’ll need to prioritize and scale your efforts to where it will have the most impact.
- Design and produce educational materials. You’ll leverage your professional experience to produce engaging content like videos, webinars, guides, and written content, to help thousands of users do better research, have more impact, and become Dovetail power-users.
- Partner with go-to-market and sales. Work closely with go-to-market and sales to ensure customer retention and expansion through product education initiatives led by you. Your work will be a massive accelerant to the impact that these teams have.
Ideally we're looking for someone to join us with:
- Experience with research / UX in a customer-facing role or similar. 2+ years experience in consulting, client services, customer success, design research, user experience or similar. If you’ve used Dovetail before, this is a massive plus!
- A passion for research, coaching, and education. You’re driven to help others be better in their roles and to empower organisations to make better human-centered decisions through research. If you have experience in e-learning, training production, and/or learning management systems, this is a plus!
- The ability to create awesome educational content. The skills and experience to produce a diversity of educational content including written, video, and visual. You’ll be supported by our creative team, but you will need to be self-directed and have the skills to drive these initiatives forward. Technical and content production skills are a plus.
- Excellent communicator. Excellent, concise communication so you can easily convey your thoughts, opinions, and feelings with customers and teammates.
- A great attitude. The right attitude towards a sense of urgency, risk, and uncertainty about the future that comes with working at an early-stage startup.
- Pragmatism. You’ll need to be comfortable with ambiguity, be resourceful to solve problems, and be able to adjust to shifting deadlines and project goals.
At Dovetail, we’re passionate about building and fostering an environment where every team member feels supported and valued. We celebrate individualism, welcoming everyone to show up as their authentic selves every day. It’s no secret that diversity builds the best teams, large or small, so we highly encourage applications from people who identify as part of an under-represented group. Please take a peek at Dovetail’s commitment to Program 50/50 and hear why we’re officially a Great Place to Work on our for more info!
- Equity for everyone. We put our money where our mouth is. No matter your role, we provide equity for all along with competitive salaries. See your investment grow as Dovetail grows.
- Extra paid days off. Enjoy ad-hoc KitKat days to take a step back and spend it however you like. Hit the beach, spend time with your family, pick up that hobby you’ve been meaning to try, or anything in between!
- Equal parental leave. We offer an inclusive framework of 12 weeks equal paid leave to support new parents. Every family is unique, so you make the call how you’d like to take care of what matters most.
- Floating public holidays. Public holidays don’t always align with when you want to take leave. So the choice is yours when it comes to swapping public holiday leave for a later date. You do you!
- Flexible work-life balance. We love our bright and shiny offices, celebrating wins together, and working on super collaborative and cross-functional projects. While our teams love coming together IRL, we also let you make the call on how and where you want to work
- Develop and grow. Take a course, attend a lunch and learn, or head to a conference to help you grow! We love to support you any way we can, so expect Dovetail to be your #1 fan when it comes to achieving your career goals.
- Modern and pet friendly offices. Bring your pooch to our modern, ergonomic offices in the heart of Surry Hills. We also host monthly events for the whole team to connect and unwind.
- Annual retreats. We aim to go away every year to celebrate achievements and have some fun as a team. New Zealand followed by the Whitsundays… where to next?
- Health is wealth. We believe that everyone has the right to mental wellness and support so every Dovetailer has access to Uprise (Employee Assistance Program) for themselves as well as their families.