What you'll do
As a Customer Success Manager at Dovetail, you will be expected to:
Manage customer relationships. You'll manage relationships with our highest-value customers. 90% of our customers are not located in APAC, this role will involve some early morning and late evening calls to cater to our global customer-base. Some flexibility with working hours is required, however a lot these relationships can be managed asynchronously.
Onboard new customers. You'll partner with sales to ensure our new customers are successfully onboarded and getting value from Dovetail in their first few months.
Drive renewals and retention. Through your customer relationships you'll be responsible for ensuring that customers renew and increase the value they get from Dovetail over time.
Foster account growth. You'll promote growth within your accounts by uncovering, scoping, and qualifying opportunities where customers can use more Dovetail features, products, and services.
Develop success material. You'll collaborate with product marketing to develop material and resources to set new customers up for success and drive adoption and engagement in product.
Track core customer metrics. You'll monitor and track core customer health metrics across your accounts such as feature usage and NPS to ensure healthy engagement and adoption.
Establish success processes. You'll develop, test, and iterate on playbooks and engagement strategies with your counterparts in sales, marketing, and product to ensure activation and adoption of Dovetail within your accounts.
As our first Customer Success Manager, ideally you should have:
- Bachelor degree required. Bachelor degree or higher in management, commerce, business or related field.
- Customer success experience. 2+ years experience working in a customer success, account management, or a strategic consulting role. It's a plus if you have experience in B2B SaaS, or in an industry/market adjacent to Dovetail.
- Proven track-record delivering impact. Some hands-on experience with scaled success, one-to-many initiatives, proven results impacting churn and contraction, and/or driving expansion and adoption.
- Passionate about customers. A passion for talking to and helping customers all day, every day, you're empathetic and seek to understand where customers are coming from.
- A great communicator. Excellent, concise communication so you can effectively communicate with customers and teammates.
- Problem solving comes naturally to you. The ability to switch contexts rapidly and quickly react to things throughout your day to solve problems for customers.
- Ambitious and keen to learn. Ambition, eagerness and the will to learn, improve your skills, and grow alongside an exciting startup as we scale our customer operations.
- A great attitude. The right attitude towards a sense of urgency, risk, and ambiguity that naturally comes with working at an early-stage startup.
At Dovetail, we’re passionate about building and fostering an environment where every team member feels supported and valued. We celebrate individualism, welcoming everyone to show up as their authentic selves every day. It’s no secret that diversity builds the best teams, large or small, so we highly encourage applications from people who identify as part of an under-represented group. Please take a peek at Dovetail’s commitment to Program 50/50 and hear why we’re officially a Great Place to Work on our for more info!
- Equity for everyone. We put our money where our mouth is. No matter your role, we provide equity for all along with competitive salaries. See your investment grow as Dovetail grows.
- Annual retreats. We aim to go away every year to celebrate achievements and have some fun as a team. New Zealand followed by the Whitsundays in Australia’s Great Barrier Reef… where to next?
- Equal parental leave. We offer an inclusive framework of 20 weeks equal paid leave to support new parents. Every family is unique, so you make the call how you’d like to take care of what matters most.
- Extra paid days off. Enjoy ad-hoc KitKat days to take a step back and spend it however you like. Hit the beach, spend time with your family, pick up that hobby you’ve been meaning to try, or anything in between!
- Develop and grow. Take a course, attend a lunch and learn, or head to a conference. We love to support you any way we can, so expect Dovetail to be your #1 fan when it comes to achieving your career goals.
- Health is wealth. We’ve got you covered for 100% of the premium plans across both medical, dental and vision. We also believe that everyone has the right to mental wellness and support. So every Dovetailer has access to Uprise (Employee Assistance Program) for themselves as well as their families.