Dovetail's mission is to enable the world to create better products and services through deep customer understanding. We empower 45,000+ people, from agencies to universities to Fortune 100 companies, to make sense of their customer research in one collaborative and powerful research platform.
We've achieved all of this from Sydney, Australia – with only a few key individuals working on sales and developing our Enterprise business. Enterprise has been growing at 15% month-on-month, with the majority of customers located in North America and Europe. We've recently raised capital to accelerate this growth, with backing from Australia's leading VC firm, Blackbird Ventures (investors in Canva and SafetyCulture), and by US-based Felicis Ventures (investors in Adyen, Shopify, and Notion).
In early 2022 we will be establishing a presence in San Francisco to enable us to better serve our global customer base, and fuel continued Enterprise growth. You will join us as one of our first sales hires outside of Sydney and you will be a critical contributor in shaping our North American presence. You'll work with the team in Sydney to mature our Enterprise sales motion and complement the self-service sales model that has taken us to where we are today.
While we work to establish a physical office in San Francisco, we are open to individuals starting remotely with the view to be a key contributor in developing our local presence, office culture, and fuelling our continued Enterprise growth in North America. We expect to be able to have someone start in this role from January 2022.
To learn more about the Dovetail journey, listen to this episode of Blackbird Ventures' Wild Hearts podcast. If you need more convincing on the opportunity for Dovetail, check out Andreessen Horowitz' piece on The Market for User Research Platforms.
What you will do
As as the first sales-focused hire outside of Australia, we're looking for someone to:
- Be a close partner to the Revenue team in Sydney. You'll work with the Revenue team to contribute to the overall growth our global Enterprise business, and pioneer new practices to improve our sales efficiency as we mature our product-led growth strategy.
- Manage inbound sales demand for North America. You'll work with your counterparts in Sydney to divide accountability across the full sales cycle for our enterprise prospects, from inbound lead to close, through a consultative sales approach. You will help customers navigate complex sales cycles and manage relationships with procurement, IT, and legal to close new business. You will contribute to our enterprise revenue goal and carry quota in 2022.
- Employ a consultative sales approach to help our prospects. You'll create and deliver your own consultative demonstrations of Dovetail, tailored to customer needs, for a range of audiences.
- Become a Dovetail expert. You'll develop intimate knowledge of how Dovetail works, what Dovetail is capable of, and an understanding of the market so that you can effectively help our prospects.
- Develop and maintain amazing relationships with your prospects. You foster a desire to help leads and their stakeholders in every interaction throughout the entire sales cycle to ensure a delightful and positive experience. You'll work partner with customer success during the sales process to ensure your prospects are set up for success as they adopt Dovetail.
- Help mature our global Enterprise business. You'll work with the Revenue team to contribute to the overall growth our global Enterprise business, and pioneer new practices to improve our sales efficiency as we mature our product-led sales strategy.
With a focus on Enterprise Sales at Dovetail, ideally you will join us with:
- Experience in a consultative sales role for a SaaS business.
- Experience outperforming in a high-growth sales environment. Help us identify you by sharing your results. Ideally, you would have also contributed to an early-stage sales team.
- Extensive consultative selling skills, with skills to navigate complex enterprise sales cycles, while delivering a delightful customer experience throughout the process.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with the operational skills to develop, report on, simplify, and improve sales processes.
- Excellent, concise communication so you can easily convey your thoughts, opinions, and feelings with customers and teammates.
- The right attitude towards a sense of urgency, risk, and ambiguity that naturally comes with working at an early-stage startup.
As an added bonus, it would be incredible if you had:
- Experience selling in research, design, or customer experience product categories.
At Dovetail, we’re passionate about building and fostering an environment where every team member feels supported and valued. We celebrate individualism, welcoming everyone to show up as their authentic selves every day. It’s no secret that diversity builds the best teams, large or small, so we highly encourage applications from people who identify as part of an under-represented group. Please take a peek at Dovetail’s commitment to Program 50/50 and hear why we’re officially a Great Place to Work on our for more info!
- Equity for everyone. We put our money where our mouth is. No matter your role, we provide equity for all along with competitive salaries. See your investment grow as Dovetail grows.
- Extra paid days off. Enjoy ad-hoc KitKat days to take a step back and spend it however you like. Hit the beach, spend time with your family, pick up that hobby you’ve been meaning to try, or anything in between!
- Equal parental leave. We offer an inclusive framework of 12 weeks equal paid leave to support new parents. Every family is unique, so you make the call how you’d like to take care of what matters most.
- Travel to sunny Sydney. Spend significant time in sunny Sydney seeing the sights and working closely with the team.
- Medical and Dental. We’ve got you covered with up to 75% of the premium plans.
- Develop and grow. Take a course, attend a lunch and learn, or head to a conference. We love to support you any way we can, so expect Dovetail to be your #1 fan when it comes to achieving your career goals.
- Annual retreats. We aim to go away every year to celebrate achievements and have some fun as a team. New Zealand followed by the Whitsundays… where to next?
- Health is wealth. We believe that everyone has the right to mental wellness and support so every Dovetailer has access to Uprise (Employee Assistance Program) for themselves as well as their families.