DoubleVerify is the recognized market innovator with the technology and tools that accurately authenticate the quality of digital media and drive ad performance for the world's largest brands. DV provides media transparency and accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem that help build a better industry. Learn more at doubleverify.com.
The Classification Operations team plays a critical role in product development at DV by providing data and insights that help drive ontology-based and machine learning/AI initiatives. As a Content Labeling Specialist on the team, you’ll work to ensure the quality of DV classifications by analyzing and labeling web, mobile, and social data, focusing on content that top advertisers are looking to target or avoid.
You’ll work independently and collaboratively within the AI Curation team and also have the opportunity for cross-collaboration with Product, Policy, Data Science, Ontology, and other teams internationally to develop or evolve DV’s classification technologies.
This is a great entry-level opportunity for someone who’s interested in working in online media and content management. You’ll build on your knowledge of the ad tech industry, the growing field of data labeling, and the online space across international markets. You’ll also learn popular tools and technologies, as well as valuable skills, that will help meet the needs of top advertising clients across industries, and you’ll contribute towards the mission of making the digital ecosystem safer, more transparent and sustainable.
In order to be successful in this role, the candidate must be:
- A critical thinker who can identify and describe themes and tone of content
- Comfortable seeing and talking about sometimes sensitive or explicit textual and visual content
- An independent worker, but can collaborate with a team when needed (please note this role is not customer facing)
- Good at staying self-motivated and on task
- Possess strong attention to detail and QA/troubleshooting mindset
- Flexible in order to prioritize and manage work effectively
- Naturally curious learner with an interest in news, pop culture, and online trends
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Categorize, tag, label, and evaluate textual and visual data across web and social platforms
- Provide judgements for data labeling/annotating or classification based on independent interpretation of guidelines and policies
- Support development teams by providing labeled datasets for machine learning training and other initiatives
- Provide feedback and proactively identify issues to respective teams
Skills & Background
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in subject areas related to media, psychology, sociology, journalism, linguistics or information science
- Knowledge of Google Workspace (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets) and/or Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel
- High proficiency/fluent knowledge of other languages (particularly French, German, Spanish or Portuguese) a plus, but not required