Double Good creates joy through our product based fundraising platform. Our solution helps organizations raise funds fast. We deliver made-to-order delicious popcorn direct to supporters through an ecommerce platform. We’re 220 employees strong and growing.
Our B2B2C virtual fundraising platform combined with our made-to-order approach to popcorn production means feature prioritization, scope, and effective execution of new feature development are critical to the overall customer journey and company operations.
As Director of Product Operations, your focus will be on applying operational discipline to the entire cross-functional team to ensure that the product team can perform and deliver on business objectives. You will be the leader of Agile and Lean practices for the entire Product Tech organization, keeping a delivery and learning cadence that helps teams to remain focused on delivering value against the product vision.
This role will be hybrid from our downtown Chicago office
About the role:
- Organize the team routine practices in a way that frees up Product Managers’ time to focus more on their strategic thinking, user research, problem discovery work and data validation
- Own and maintain the product tech stack - ensure that the best practices, processes and tools are in place so the team can succeed
- Implement and track effectiveness of product management operating model through processes, tools and resources
- Work closely with the product management and engineering teams to establish KPIs, streamline workflows and implement effective, scalable product development processes
- Work closely with the CPO/CTO on strategizing and executing of the ongoing product roadmap
- Protect the Scrum teams from external distractions and blockers, encouraging collaboration and standardizing communications across the organization
- Guide Scrum teams through implementation of process improvements
- A self-starter who can work well with the executive team and multi-disciplinary teams across Finance, Data, Marketing, Operations and Customer Ops to manage risk and reconcile timelines for key epics and major projects
- Enable forecasting of future performance, metrics & KPIs based on strategic roadmaps
- Participate in Product Org headcount planning and team expansion as well as other operational meetings
- Evangelize a culture of autonomy with alignment, continuous improvement, and Double Good’s core principles within the engineering team
- Work closely with team leads to empower them on meeting teams’ Sprint commitments
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality assurance
- Measure and monitor delivery progress to ensure releases are delivered on time and meet or exceed expectations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to with the ability to provide concise updates on key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
Experience & Skills we value:
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT or business
- Demonstrated success in a leadership role managing projects & coaching Scrum teams to deliver Product, ideally with 5+ years at B2C or B2B tech-forward organizations
- A strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to bring working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operations metrics to successfully deliver Product in a multi-team Scrum environment
- Demonstrated success working in Agile environments that have embraced DevOps and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) practices
- Exceptional people, communication, and operations skills including a high degree of emotional intelligence with the ability to build trust and buy in-from a wide array of stakeholders, both technical & non-technical
- A strong understanding of the software development life cycle and previous experience working with a customer facing product
Nice to have and/or you’ll learn:
- Certified Scrum Master
- Experience as an Agile Coach
- Experience working directly with geographically distributed Engineering teams
About Double Good:
At Double Good, we believe in the power of joy and connection. Our hand-crafted, small batch popcorn sold through a user-friendly app allows organizations to focus on what they love. Our values - people matter, deliver excellence, own it, and enjoy the ride - guide the journey.
As featured on the Today Show, Double Good is not just about the product - we have a strong social mission. We partner with purposeful organizations to benefit students and youth athletes. We’ve helped organizations raise over $200M and 50% of sales goes directly to our customers.
As the #1 product-based virtual fundraising app, we are experiencing rapid growth. Join us in making a positive impact on communities nationwide.
Double Good offers our employees:
- Competitive pay
- Autonomous work environment
- 401k with 4% Match
- Health Insurance, Dental & Vision offered with competitive company contribution
- Healthiest You (teladoc service) covered 100% by Double Good
- Company sponsored disability and life insurance
- Working with amazing charity partners and helping kids.
- Relaxed, Fast-Paced work environment. (It’s a thing, we swear).
- Company events (Happy Hours, Massages, Ice Cream Trucks)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We desire to have our employees reflect the diverse communities we serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability