Double Good creates joy through our product based fundraising platform. Our solution helps organizations raise funds fast. We deliver made-to-order delicious popcorn direct to supporters through an ecommerce platform. We’re 220 employees strong and growing.
The shipping operation here at Double Good is extremely important as it is the final touchpoint before the product gets into the hands of our valued customers. As the Shipping Supervisor, you will be responsible for creating daily plans to ensure that volume targets are met, while at the same time identifying opportunities to improve efficiencies and gain capacity.
This role calls for a heavily safety-oriented individual, who can empower an entire team to execute to plan and enjoy the ride while doing it! Aside from running the day-to-day operation, you will be joining us at an exciting time as we look to expand our shipping footprint this year! Expect to play a vital part in both this transition as well as any other automation initiatives that we take on throughout the year.
This role will be onsite based out of our Elmhurst shipping facility.
What you will do at Double Good:
- Execute the shipping strategy and vision, by translating business objectives into tangible projects and actions.
- Lead the day to day shipping team and meet required ship targets aligned to customer service level agreements
- Enforce both a safety-first and GMP compliant culture
- Facilitate daily huddles to inform team on daily goals and metrics
- Be the primary continuous improvement leader, by delivering the operational excellence strategy.
- Use data, prioritize and lead focused improvement projects across the warehouse floor
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Safety, Quality, SC, Production, Maintenance, Sanitation, etc
- Commitment to mentorship and developing employees as the team grows and the company expands
- Increase ship capacity to support growing sales by improving throughput, supporting automation initiatives, and managing change.
Experience & Skills we value:
- H.S Diploma or other relevant work experience
- Demonstrated success in leading and growing an operational team. We think the sweet spot is 3-5 years of experience working at a distribution or manufacturing site with a minimum of 2 years in a leadership role.
- Demonstrated ability to track, maintain and analyze data (OEE, KPI’s, Metrics, etc) to drive change and lead continuous improvement initiatives
- Base knowledge of DMAIC and RCPS tools.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Double Good is a values - driven and inclusive organization, we are looking for leaders who are committed to doing the right thing and being respectful of everyone on our team
- Proficient in use and application of Google GSuite or equivalent (MS office)
Nice to have:
- Lean Manufacturing experience (Six Sigma/5S)
- Experience working with a WMS, ERP, or other inventory management system,
- Experience working with automated equipment in a high volume facility
- OSHA or other formal safety training
About Double Good:
At Double Good, we believe in the power of joy and connection. Our hand-crafted, small batch popcorn sold through a user-friendly app allows organizations to focus on what they love. Our values - people matter, deliver excellence, own it, and enjoy the ride - guide the journey.
As featured on the Today Show, Double Good is not just about the product - we have a strong social mission. We partner with purposeful organizations to benefit students and youth athletes. We’ve helped organizations raise over $200M and 50% of sales goes directly to our customers.
As the #1 product-based virtual fundraising app, we are experiencing rapid growth. Join us in making a positive impact on communities nationwide.
Double Good offers our employees:
- Competitive pay
- Autonomous work environment
- 401k with 4% Match
- Health Insurance, Dental & Vision offered with competitive company contribution
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to all employees 24/7
- Healthiest You (teladoc service) covered 100% by Double Good
- Company sponsored disability and life insurance
- Working with amazing charity partners and helping kids.
- Relaxed, Fast-Paced work environment. (It’s a thing, we swear).
- Company events (Happy Hours, Massages, Ice Cream Trucks)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We desire to have our employees reflect the diverse communities we serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.