We seek an experienced Agronomist to work directly with a diverse range of broadacre farming clients who have sophisticated needs.
You will be part of a team of agricultural specialists that has changed our regional landscape vastly for the better - taking it from dustbowl to productive winter cropping region over a core period of 10 years.
Our advice is truly independent. We sell expertise and commitment, not products.
Your interest is solely in improving the farmer's enterprise, surrounded by people who are expert in particular niches, improving the effectiveness of your own advice, and broadening your knowledge.
In this role, you will tend to work solo, drawing on the skills and wisdom of colleagues to navigate complex situations. This is your opportunity to stand out and enhance your reputation as a problem solver and an expert in the field of independent agronomy.
In return, we offer an attractive salary and a clear career path, with access to professional development and mentoring by our team of outstanding senior advisors.
Your responsibilities include:
- Independently and pro-actively servicing clients
- Building strong and enduring relationships with clients and developing an intimate understanding of their needs
- Answering client questions through visits, calls and by email
- Presenting to farmers taking part in crop walks
- Leading farmer discussion groups
- Developing and honing your own agronomic specialties.
- Bachelor of Agricultural Science
- 3-5 years' experience in delivering advice to broadacre farmers, including dryland and irrigated cropping, and pastures
- Strong understanding of agronomy, farm operations and farm business principles
- Proven ability to monitor, diagnose and recommend suitable weed, pest, disease and nutrient management strategies
- Understanding of Mallee soils and plant profiles
- A track record of growing and maintaining a client base
- Possession of a current driver's licence
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of living and working on a family farm
- A talent for providing phone support
- Nutrient Advantage/PreDicta B accreditation.
Dodgshun Medlin provides integrated professional services to enterprises, individuals and families – farmers, manufacturers, retailers and investors – throughout regional Victoria, New South Wales and South Australia, and to city people with sophisticated rural interests. We deliver the foresight, confidence and clarity needed to help grow thriving communities. Our base is at Swan Hill, on the Murray River, where the people are welcoming, the air is clean, housing affordable and the commute is a breeze.