We seek an experienced Senior SMSF Accountant / SMSF Manager to ensure we deliver compliant, consistent services of the highest standard to a diverse range of clients with sophisticated needs.
In this role, you will manage our team's annual reporting, audit and compliance process, within a framework of continuous improvement.
In return, we offer an attractive salary and a clear career path, with access to professional development and mentoring by our team of outstanding trusted advisors.
- Managing the remote SMSF compliance team
- Workflow planning and allocation to ensure compliance and reporting obligations are met
- Reviewing annual and interim reports
- Identifying existing and/or potential SIS and tax compliance issues
- Identifying opportunities based on client circumstances
- Liaison with auditors and the ATO
- Managing pension compliance and reporting, SMSF set-up and registration
- Reviewing and updating processes as required
- Efficient, timely and accurate high-level complex annual reporting
- Support for team training and mentoring (including transfer of technical skills and knowledge).
- Travel to Swan Hill
- Qualified CA/CPA
- At least 5 years' experience working for a public practice accounting firm
- Minimum 3 years' experience in the SMSF sector
- SMSF knowledge and understanding of SIS regulations
- General tax knowledge and experience with individual and business accounts, as well as CGT and GST
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise.
- Proficiency in BGL Simple Fund 360
- SMSF accreditation (by SMSF association or by CPA/CA)
- RG 146 compliant
- Team management experience
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Dodgshun Medlin provides integrated professional services to enterprises, individuals and families – farmers, manufacturers, retailers and investors – throughout regional Victoria, New South Wales and South Australia, and to city people with sophisticated rural interests. We deliver the foresight, confidence and clarity needed to help grow thriving communities. Our base is at Swan Hill, on the Murray River, and we have a modern suite in Collins Street, Melbourne.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN DODGSHUN MEDLIN
- Client focus – Become part of a team that works directly with our rural and regional clients to develop strong and enduring relationships and an intimate understanding of their needs.
- Team-focused service – Our cross-functional teams collaborate to help our hard-working clients achieve their goals.
- Career development – We offer a clear career path, with access to professional development and mentoring by our team of outstanding trusted advisors.