Swan Hill or Melbourne office, the choice of location is yours. As a qualified CA/CPA with 5 years' experience in public practice accounting and at least 3 years in SMSF, you have a solid grounding in SMSF and associated tax and a passion for growing wealth. In this role, you will manage our SMSF team's annual reporting, audit and compliance process, provide high-level complex annual reports and mentor the team.
We seek an experienced SMSF Accountant / SMSF Manager to ensure we deliver compliant, consistent services of the highest standard to a diverse range of clients with sophisticated needs.
In this role, you will manage our team's annual reporting, audit and compliance process, within a framework of continuous improvement. If you are based in the Melbourne office, some travel to Swan Hill will be required.
In return, we offer an attractive salary and a clear career path, with access to professional development and mentoring by our team of outstanding trusted advisors.
- Managing the remote SMSF compliance team
- Workflow planning and allocation to ensure compliance and reporting obligations are met
- Reviewing annual and interim reports
- Identifying existing and/or potential SIS and tax compliance issues
- Identifying opportunities based on client circumstances
- Liaison with auditors and the ATO
- Managing pension compliance and reporting, SMSF set-up and registration
- Reviewing and updating processes as required
- Efficient, timely and accurate high-level complex annual reporting
- Support for team training and mentoring (including transfer of technical skills and knowledge).
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Qualified CA/CPA
- At least 5 years' experience working for a public practice accounting firm
- Minimum 3 years' experience in the SMSF sector
- SMSF knowledge and understanding of SIS regulations
- General tax knowledge and experience with individual and business accounts, as well as CGT and GST
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise.
- Proficiency in BGL Simple Fund 360
- SMSF accreditation (by SMSF association or by CPA/CA)
- RG 146 compliant
- Team management experience
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
During the past year much has changed, including attitudes and priorities. It has ever been that the country migrates to the city and now it’s the reverse. The COVID experience has convinced many to escape the crush and find better, more open worlds for themselves and their families, existing and future. They have discovered what they can do without and perhaps more tellingly, what they cannot do without.
If you’re in professional services – Accountancy, Tax, Business Development or Wealth – consider Dodgshun Medlin. We have a swish Collins Street office but our engine-room is in Swan Hill, on the Murray. Here, you can accelerate your CBD-grade career with stability and purpose, while enjoying a more fulfilling lifestyle. You will also gain the respect and appreciation of genuine country clients in sophisticated industry, agriculture and retail.