Exciting opportunity for experienced agronomist to work with forward-thinking clients in the Southern Riverina.
We seek an experienced Agronomist to work directly with progressive broadacre farming clients who have sophisticated agronomic needs.
Our advice is truly independent. We sell solutions that result in progressive farm improvement, not sales or linkage to product.
In this role you will work alongside and be mentored by a team of highly experienced advisors who have smarts not just in agronomy, but also in farm management and business.
Your chance to learn, grow and stamp your mark in agriculture. In return, we offer an attractive salary, a structured training program and a clear career path that enables progression and continuous growth.
- As part of a team, deliver pro-active and structured advice that results in constant farm improvement
- Agronomic advice that covers all facets of broadacre agriculture in the Southern Riverina and encompassing all disciplines of agronomy
- Building strong and enduring client relationships and developing an intimate understanding of agronomic priority and needs
- Grow the client base
- Undertaking an area of specialisation in agronomy. An area you are passionate about and can become recognised by team, client and the wider agricultural community as a leader in your field.
- Presenting to farmers and taking part in discussion groups, farm walks and industry events
- Ability to understand and articulate additional Dodgshun Medlin services in farm business improvement
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Agricultural Science
- Minimum 6 years experience in delivering agronomic advice to broadacre farmers, cropping and pastures, both dry land and irrigated
- Are passionate about agriculture and farm improvement
- Strong understanding of agronomic principles, operational practices, machinery and products that support best practice agronomy, particularly that of the Southern Riverina
- Proven ability to monitor, identify, diagnose and recommend suitable weed, pest, disease and nutrient management strategies
- Sound knowledge of best practice seeding systems, spray application and cultural methods utilised for weed management
- Strong and effective communicator both written and verbal, one on one and in groups
- Ability to work with and deliver results utilising a team approach
- A track record of growing and maintaining a client base
- Have ties to or having grown up on a family farm
- Certificate/s in agronomic accreditation (nutrient, weed and/or disease)
- Experience in undertaking agronomic trials
- Familiarity with Agworld and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Chemical users permit
Dodgshun Medlin provides integrated professional services to enterprises, individuals and families – farmers, manufacturers, retailers and investors – throughout regional Victoria, New South Wales and South Australia, and to city people with sophisticated rural interests. We deliver the foresight, confidence and clarity needed to help grow thriving communities. Our base is at Swan Hill, on the Murray River, and we have a modern suite in Collins Street, Melbourne.
Why should you join Dodgshun Medlin?
- Your heart is in the country – You share our passion for regional Australia and its people.
- Client focus – Become part of a team that works directly with clients to develop strong and enduring relationships and an intimate understanding of their needs.
- Collaborate – Our cross-functional teams bring together specialists with complementary skills to help clients achieve their goals.
- Career development – We offer a clear career path, with access to professional development and mentoring by our team of outstanding trusted senior advisors.