ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is seeking a Concept Artist to join our team. Concept art at Digital Extremes can be a fast process with changes happening on the fly. Our game development process is ambitious and flexible as we try and adjust to the current market trends and try to meet the needs of our vast and loyal community. With each update we try to iterate and innovate, so an ideal candidate will have the ability to dream big and then execute with strong fundamental based abilities to present their artistic vision. Creating clear and concise production art is a must. You will have a strong understanding of anatomy, perspective and great observational skills for life drawing. Preferred extras include experience working in Photoshop and ZBrush or programs of similar distinction.
- Create original and imaginative concept art for characters, the world and other assets that will inspire the team and help set the tone, look and feel of our games.
- Effectively collaborate with other artists to create the architectural design, character design and broader environmental design of the game.
- Work closely with the Art Director, Creative Director and Game Designer to take creative direction as well as reinforce the execution of the game’s visual design.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development.
- Deliver work on time and according to schedule.
- Accept and provide direction with team members and participate and engage with the entire production team to stay current on the scope and understanding of the project.
- Possess exemplary oral and written communication skills and the ability to follow direction and to collaborate successfully with others.
- A positive outlook with the ability to self-direct and have an artistic vision, combined with a dedicated work ethic.
- Multitask effectively; prioritize competing demands, and follow through on details.
- A portfolio that demonstrates excellent artistic sensibilities and the ability for a range of styles.
- Traditional art skills with an exceptional understanding of the human anatomy, perspective and life drawing.
- Strong understanding of lighting, composition, color theory, atmosphere, materials and textures.
- Must be able to work within an established art style and deliver clear and concise production art.
- Storyboarding experience.
- Photoshop and/or Zbrush experience.
- Previous experience in the gaming field or similar industry.
- A positive and passionate attitude towards concept art and production design.
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 75 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™. The studio's most recently announced project is the much anticipated Soulframe®, an open-world action-fantasy MMORPG title that is currently under development.
Digital Extremes is headquartered in London, Ontario, Canada, and is proud to be selected as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, achieving this recognition for the last ten years in a row.
For more information and exciting news related to Digital Extremes, please visit www.digitalextremes.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.