About the role: You will assist in managing 50-150 team members to ensure our Supply Center has best-in-class operations and each of our restaurants receives the quality ingredients they need to serve our guests.
About the team: The Supply Center supports our restaurants with quality ingredients and standards. You will report to the Supply Center Production Manager, based out of Hunts Point, with travel to restaurants on an as-needed basis.
- Conduct quality checks in all rooms and ensure production staff is following specs
- Be present and active during the receiving process
- Check and make sure all areas have items needed for the start of shift
- Check and make sure all logs are filled out and collected at the end of shift
- Conduct scheduled trainings for all new and existing staff for quality and production processes
- Build and manage the quality tasting verification program for all items produced at the facility
- Lead team culture trainings for rolling out updates and building best practices
- Act as point of contact for restaurants regarding all quality issues
- Scan facility to ensure closing sanitation tasks occurred the night before
- Build and manage master sanitation schedule
- Oversee all GMP rules to ensure safety standards are followed
- Ensure all production items are being prepped, cooked, cooled, and packed properly
- Conduct daily EMP upkeep and coordination with labs
- Build and manage Supply Center HACCP
- Conduct scheduled internal audits
- 1 - 3 years of large-volume food production coordination and supervisor experience
- Exemplary organizational skills, ability to manage data
- Ability to build and manage multiple quality and sanitation systems
- Strong communication skills, w/ ability to communicate in Spanish (fluent ideally)
- A passion for real, good food
Work perks: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive pay, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Commuter benefits
- Company farm trips
- Complimentary supply center team lunch everyday
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 20 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission– building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
Dig Inn believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.