ABOUT THE ROLE: DIG is searching for a scrappy and entrepreneurial Strategic Projects Associate to help lead sales growth, brand awareness and marketing/innovation initiatives in our Boston market. The Strategic Projects Associate will own relationships with high-value corporate customers along their entire journey with DIG - including prospecting, inbound communication, and ongoing relationship management. This role will partner with multiple teams at DIG (e.g., Marketing, Innovation) on Boston activations, events, new openings and other projects to support growth. Success in this role will be defined by revenue growth, establishing relationships with existing and new high-value corporate customers, identifying new businesses and venues to partner with, and providing impeccable customer service across every touchpoint. The Strategic Projects Associate will report into our Senior Manager of Strategic Operations and will work on cross functional strategic projects to drive growth & performance in Boston.
The Strategic Projects Associate is a hybrid role and required to spend time in our Boston restaurants and in person with current and prospective customers on a weekly basis.
- Identify and establish relationships with new corporate customers - from initial prospecting to ongoing relationship management
- Deepen relationships with existing customers, by providing top-tier service consistently to increase retention rate and LTV
- Develop and implement sales strategies, client service and retention plans, and analyze sales data (with support) to inform marketing & outreach strategies
- Manage all inbound sales channels (i.e. ZenDesk, firstname.lastname@example.org) and respond to and fulfill client catering requests.
- Track all outreach & conversion efforts to quickly identify best practices that can be applied to further outreach efforts
- Coordinate directly with Operations, restaurant teams, and third party delivery partners (e.g., DoorDash) for DIG Catering to ensure an optimal customer experience
- Conduct market research to understand trends and engage with clients directly to understand corporate needs and make recommendations to improve product-market fit.
- Collaborate with Marketing to create necessary collateral to promote new channel sales.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams (e.g., Marketing, Tech, Guest Experience, Innovation) on other strategic projects that will drive revenue growth in Boston
- 1-2 years of experience in a client-facing role (sales, CX, client success, events, hospitality, etc.)
- Never-say-die attitude to finding the right person, establishing the right connection, attending the right event, etc
- Amazing interpersonal, client-facing communication skills that you love to show off on a daily basis
- Strong ownership and pride in your work - you aim for impact and you have a passion for results
- Detail orientation and follow-through on each task you set out to accomplish - no matter how big or small
- Strong organizational and communication skills with ability to engage with various levels of management, staff, and clients
- The ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities at a given time
- A desire to never stop learning - both personally and professionally
- Familiarity with Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel
WORK PERKS: Aside from your standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook laptop
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Bonus potential
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
DIG is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did we mention free DIG for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.