ABOUT THE ROLE:
DIG is looking for a dynamic Strategic Operations Manager to join our growing Strategic Operations team. This role will be exposed to many moving parts of our restaurant group and will be a critical, strategic thought partner, working across the organization to drive value. You will leverage data, build models, communicate insights, and execute best practices to streamline and optimize processes during a high-growth period. This is an amazing opportunity to join a high-growth, fast-paced company and impact not only business operations but also the greater food system.
- Identify, prioritize, structure, and solve an array of complex business problems, using analytics and business judgment.
- Dive deep into different areas of our operations (i.e. training, menu development, QA, etc.) to improve decisions and processes.
- Proactively identify and implement cross-departmental solutions to help scale our business.
- Conduct analysis of our current ops strategies and identify new opportunities.
- Work closely with internal teams to continuously improve processes using qualitative and quantitative data.
- Provide deep analytic support and business context to identify and drive critical growth initiatives.
- Partner with functions including finance, tech, operations, supply chain, real estate, and marketing to support our growth as we expand into new markets and business lines.
- Translate strategy into specific business initiatives and develop tools to measure and evaluate them.
- 4-6 years of experience at a top tier management consulting firm or in a hands-on analytical environment.
- The ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment. You’re able to work effectively under ambiguity.
- Strong communication skills. You’ll be juggling multiple projects at once, so you’re constantly providing status updates and closing-the-loop on completed projects.
- Experience working cross-functionally with limited oversight. You know how to get buy-in and information from other stakeholders.
- Desire to take on responsibility and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Experience thriving when under pressure and multi-tasking. You prioritize getting projects to 75% completion now, than 100% completion later.
- An entrepreneurial spirit - you don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and getting scrappy. You can create “something from nothing”.
- An interest in the restaurant industry and a passion for real, good food.
WORK PERKS: Aside from the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Company laptop
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Bonus potential
- Commuter benefits
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
At Dig Food Group, we’re building a better food system for everyone by sourcing, cooking and serving delicious food everyday. Nine years in, we’ve grown to more than 30 fast-casual Dig restaurants, opened our first full-service restaurant, 232 Bleecker, partnered with 130 farms including our own Dig Acres, and taught thousands of people how to cook (really cook) in our kitchens.
To do this, we’ve built direct and real relationships with farmers. We don’t just name check them on our menus -- we’re true partners in their businesses. We focus on farmers who are independent, first-timers, women, immigrants, LGBTQ and people of color. These relationships allow us to get the best ingredients all year round and change our menu based on what is growing in the fields.
Each restaurant is run by a chef and all our food is cooked on site. There are no microwaves, can openers or freezers, just an entire culinary team at every location, cooking vegetables all day. This requires training a whole generation of chefs and cooks from the ground up, including many who have never worked in a restaurant before. Knife skills are life skills.
We’re not here to disrupt anything or become a platform. We run our business on good food and great people. From sourcing to serving, our mission is to create a better food system for everyone. That means a world where farmers can make a living growing food, anyone can learn to cook, and we can all eat well, together.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.
Additional Role Note:
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Dig reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Dig or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Dig is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ancestry, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related condition, unemployment status, gender identity or expression, transgender status or gender dysphoria, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, national origin, citizenship, disability, covered veteran and/or military status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, familial status as that term is described under the New York State Human Rights Law, caregiver or partnership status as those terms are defined under the New York City Human Rights Law (if you are employed in New York City) or other protected status or any other characteristic as protected under applicable federal, state and local law (“Protected Status”).