ABOUT THE ROLE:
We believe that technology has the power to revolutionize DIG and in turn, the food system. It will enable customers across the world to eat our food and it will transform stressful restaurant jobs into sustainable careers. As we look forward to the next phase of DIG's expansion, we’re searching for a Senior IT Manager who is eager to scale our systems for growth. This role will report into Engineering and be based in New York City.
In this role, you will focus primarily on managing (1) systems selection, design and deployment, (2) restaurant IT support structure and (3) restaurant IT networking and infrastructure. This role is right for you if you are equal parts willing to troubleshoot live with a restaurant manager and step back to develop strategy and processes.
- Work with product and engineering to rebuild our systems architecture
- Provide input into the systems selection process from the IT perspective, e.g., POS replacement
- Advise and contribute to system design, including but not limited to users, permissions, and security
- Lead piloting and deployment for in store software
- Own IT budget; build annual budget and manage to it, find opportunities to reduce costs / overhead
- Manage and build IT team, likely 1-2 direct reports to start; provide guidance on prioritization, technical skills and long term mentorship
- Build processes to improve our IT support model both for restaurants and for internal support staff
- Consider what IT support tasks should be outsourced vs in house; find partners, negotiate contracts, and manage
- Iterate on current support processes, e.g., ticketing systems, support wikis
- Create a help desk model that is sustainable and effective for the employees and organization, e.g., call schedule, triage systems
- Build all of the above for scale
- Support with restaurant build out process, advising on IT setup and working onsite as needed; develop scalable processes and packages for restaurant build outs
- Manage IT metrics to inform organization on performance of systems and help desk; report out regularly
- Apply a hands on, lean approach and fill in gaps for the team as needed.
- Experience as an IT manager ideally in a retail / physical store environment
- A degree in Information technology, Computer Science or other technical field
- Experience with Mac and Windows based Operating Systems
- Hands on experience with network administration and network installation
- Proficient in computer hardware, cabling installation, IT security
- Strong analytical abilities, critical thinking skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to lead staff and projects and delegate responsibilities as appropriately
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills - you must be able to work with stakeholders and also roll information up and present to executive team.
WORK PERKS: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Company laptop
- Bonus Potential
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
At Dig Food Group, we’re building a better food system for everyone by sourcing, cooking and serving delicious food everyday. Nine years in, we’ve grown to more than 30 fast-casual Dig restaurants, opened our first full-service restaurant, 232 Bleecker, partnered with 130 farms including our own Dig Acres, and taught thousands of people how to cook (really cook) in our kitchens.
To do this, we’ve built direct and real relationships with farmers. We don’t just name check them on our menus -- we’re true partners in their businesses. We focus on farmers who are independent, first-timers, women, immigrants, LGBTQ and people of color. These relationships allow us to get the best ingredients all year round and change our menu based on what is growing in the fields.
Each restaurant is run by a chef and all our food is cooked on site. There are no microwaves, can openers or freezers, just an entire culinary team at every location, cooking vegetables all day. This requires training a whole generation of chefs and cooks from the ground up, including many who have never worked in a restaurant before. Knife skills are life skills.
We’re not here to disrupt anything or become a platform. We run our business on good food and great people. From sourcing to serving, our mission is to create a better food system for everyone. That means a world where farmers can make a living growing food, anyone can learn to cook, and we can all eat well, together.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply