ABOUT THE ROLE:
At DIG, we believe in the potential of people and work hard to foster an open learning environment in which employees feel engaged and empowered to do great work. Everyone is a “Chef in Training” in our eyes. We believe that building transformative partnerships with our restaurant leaders and employees is the key to achieving a learning culture. The Head of Field HR will serve as a thought partner and problem solver who will bring our people vision to life inside the four walls of our restaurants.
The Head of Field HR will spearhead a wide range of people initiatives. You will support in managing high performance restaurant teams to ensure continued success of the operations & the people that run them. You will work to identify and address training and developmental opportunities, act as a mentor and subject matter expert in performance management, and help to develop the next generation of DIG chefs with the programs you roll out. You will actively coach leaders on resolving employee relation issues by being a presence in the field and teaching at every turn. You will develop innovative programs that keep employees engaged, while ensuring there are clear, established processes in place that have our people’s best interest in mind.
- Guide and coach restaurant leadership on building high performing teams, increasing leadership capabilities, and team effectiveness.
- Design, test and implement programs that inspire, motivate and develop teams.
- Support and coach performance management and development initiatives that support internal development goals and are scalable.
- Develop a robust and dynamic succession and people planning system within the organization.
- Support restaurant leaders in understanding and anticipating hiring and development needs against the capabilities needed to deliver business objectives.
- Collaborate with People Team and Numbers Team to develop compensation strategies for the restaurants that attract and retain the best talent. You will test, innovate, evolve, & implement operating frameworks in support of a “people first culture” and Good Jobs Strategy, specifically around staffing and labor models.
- Drive implementation and adoption of our recruiting philosophies and strategies in the field.
- Coach restaurant leaders on resolving employee relations issues as they arise.
- Be a key player in driving the transformational change we are currently executing around building a people driven organization.
- Be a trusted partner to restaurant leaders. You are their go-to person for all people related matters.
- Drive results as measured by engagement, retention and internal development KPI’s.
- Collaborate with the Director of HR to ensure company compliance with City, State, and Federal regulations as it relates to Employment issues.
- 5+ years hands-on operations leadership experience supporting a central HR team (restaurant experience is a plus but not essential).
- Proven experience establishing, implementing, and executing HR processes in a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiasm for thinking differently, tackling complex problems, and identifying new ways of doing things. You can quickly recognize, diagnose and solve problems for teams and leadership.
- A natural ability to drive solutions. You create processes surrounding strategic goals and direction with people top of mind.
- The ability to lead change and model new behaviors to drive business outcomes.
- A proven leadership track record. You inspire others to continue to push their own ideas forward and cultivate an owner’s mentality.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with a high degree of professionalism.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills to manage deliverable prioritization and conflicting timelines in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in staffing, organizational change, development & training, employee/labor relations, compensation, and benefits.
- Experience building high performing teams that reduce turnover, increase internal promotions & support growth and ensure that our top talent is ready to take on additional responsibilities.
- Experience in Employee Relations.
- Serious customer and team focus. A strong desire to help people.
- Great communication skills - written and verbal. Spanish is a plus!
- An entrepreneurial spirit - you don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and getting scrappy.
- A passion for real, good food.
WORK PERKS: Aside from your standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook laptop
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership, based on eligibility
- Commuter benefits
- Bonus potential
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (they’re amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
DIG is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did we mention free DIG for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.