About the role: The Senior Project Manager will serve as the lead role in planning, executing, and monitoring real estate and development projects at DIG. Real Estate and Development is a key part of DIG's growth plan and we’re looking for someone who is eager and excited to help us scale and improve our restaurant footprint across multiple markets. This individual will oversee new restaurant openings (NROs), renovation projects, and special asset projects, acting as a bridge between operations, design, and restaurant leaders. As a lead role, you have experience gauging feasibility, planning and budgeting, managing design, purchasing and procurement, negotiating bids and contracts, and executing projects. This position is on the Real Estate and Development Team and reports to the Director of Development.
- Lead daily project management activities through all levels of new store development. Design, permitting, construction and restaurant turn-over.
- Review Real Estate locations and perform initial feasibility of proposed restaurant locations, including coordinated feedback to assist in active Real Estate negotiations.
- Properly scope, schedule and budget proposed projects for key stakeholder review.
- Assist development Design Manager during design phase of project to guarantee alignment with brand vision, timeline and budget.
- Assist development external resources, A&E and additional vendors through plan development.
- Review of restaurant construction documents for brand compliance. Including key internal cross functional department review and alignment.
- Lead all project approvals including LL review and local municipal permitting via permit expediter.
- Manage project procurement and purchasing of all FF&E, KES, signage, etc.
- Lead project bid, negotiation, and contract process.
- Manage project meetings to maintain scope, schedule and budget integrity.
- Be responsible for restaurant and project closeout including managing project punch and turn-over to operations in addition to coordinating post construction warranty.
- A BS in engineering or CM preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience in managing multiple projects at one time
- Ability to communicate effectively, with integrity to key stakeholders and all project vendors
- Strong organization skills
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Demonstrate composure under high-pressure
- Strong team player, as this role will work collaboratively across many teams
Work perks: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook laptop
- Flexible vacation time+ Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership
- Commuter benefits
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (they’re amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
- DIG farm trips
DIG is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did we mention free DIG for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.