About the role:
Dig Inn is growing faster than your average radish and scaling our business is both exciting and challenging. We’re looking for talented General Managers to advance projects and initiatives to achieve company priorities while working directly with the leadership team. The role is critical in driving strategic goals and cross-functional projects that collectively further Dig Inn’s mission to rebuild the food system. You will be matched to an area of the company based on your unique skills, talents, and prior experience. This role requires strong alignment with Dig Inn’s mission and values as well as demonstrated success, sound judgement, and flexibility working in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- A problem solver. You love to learn about any subject and ask the right questions to derive the best solution possible.
- An analyzer. You love to collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative information and adept at helping others find clarity through analysis.
- A natural storyteller. You love to weave data, analysis, and insights into storytelling, both written and verbal. You have a knack for tailoring your communication style to best match the audience.
- A big picture thinker and tactical executor. You love to brainstorm, get creative, and think big picture but, also understand how things can and need to get done in a thoughtful manner. You find energy through project management and can drive big ideas to the finish line.
- An initiator. You love to anticipate, identify, and troubleshoot issues or concerns before they happen and can provide timely information and updates while exercising discretion.
- A collaborative achiever. You know that getting results doesn’t happen individually. So, you actively seek and leverage diverse thoughts within an organization to achieve something that’s bigger than you and me.
The GM of Delivery will oversee strategy and operations of our core delivery business and manage the development and growth of Room Service, an exciting delivery-only program that is currently in private beta - read more about it here. We’re looking for a GM that has growth hacking, user acquisition, and digital strategy experience. You will report to our VP of Growth and manage the Room Service Operations Team.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT, B2B
The GM of Business Development B2B will lead growth and operations of our thriving catering business, as well as develop strategy, vision, and infrastructure for our emerging events business. We’re looking for a GM that has client-facing relationship management and corporate development experience. You will report to our VP of Growth and manage the Catering Team to increase acquisition, loyalty, and retention in current and new markets.
The GM of DIG Academy will help establish the foundation for our internal and external learning offerings and platform. We’re looking for a GM with a passion for learning who will help us unlock how to deliver culinary learning experiences both in-person and virtually. You will report to our Chief People Officer and work closely with our L&D Team and Technology Teams to create the overall infrastructure of the platform. These include: delivery, success metrics, and the methodology for delivering culinary learning experiences.
- 5+ years of professional experience and track record of leading growth and transformation projects. MBA or advanced degree highly preferred.
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Vision and organizational agility.
- Strong literacy in digital platforms, technology, finance and data.
- Experience starting or scaling new business lines or products.
- Experience working at an early-stage high growth startup leading and driving organizational change.
- The ability to motivate and influence cross functional teams.
- Leading or managing project teams or people.
- The ability to turn insights into action staying results-driven along the way.
- A can-do attitude and mission driven - you are interested in changing the way people think about and experience food.
- Strong analytical skills; including previous P&L and KPIs creation/management.
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal.
Work perks: Work perks: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook laptop
- Phone reimbursement
- Flexible vacation time
- Commuter benefits
- Bonus potential
- Equity potential
- Annual Dig Farm Trip
- Complimentary lunch everyday
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
Dig Inn believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.