About the role:
Cooking great food in our from scratch kitchens wouldn't be possible without ensuring our physical assets are being taken care of. The Facilities Specialist role is focused on preventative maintenance for all Dig Inn restaurants to ensure our operations run smoothly and our teams work in a safe environment. You will process facility related requests, complete work orders and coordinate onsite maintenance and repairs all while ensuring a high service level to our teams. You will create proactive solutions and be the expert on diagnosing remedial problems. The Facilities Specialist will work within our fast paced restaurants on a daily basis to perform cosmetic repairs and equipment audits to help improve our restaurants for our teams and guests. This role is key in providing support to our restaurants to achieve the highest quality facilities and equipment. If you anticipate problems before they surface, focus on the smallest details and love to get your hands dirty, this role is for you. The Facilities Specialist will report directly into the Facilities Manager.
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs across all Dig Inn locations (HVAC, Hot Line Equipment, water heaters, exhaust systems, electrical work etc.).
- Build maintenance schedules to ensure the safety and efficiency of our operations.
- Provide field support on cosmetic and equipment repairs and communicate updates to restaurant leaders.
- Identify current and future maintenance requirements.
- Educate our restaurant leaders on (i) how to identify basic issues and troubleshoot solutions and (ii) take proper care of restaurant equipment.
- Ensure our restaurant leaders are consistently following best maintenance practices and reporting any issues through the proper channels.
- Resolve and report unsafe working conditions.
- Track, maintain and update restaurant facility records, completed work orders, and preventative maintenance inspection reports.
- Coordinate with the design, development, construction and numbers team as needed.
- Maintain tools, materials and supplies.
- Travel between all Dig Inn locations with a can do attitude. Limited travel to other markets.
- 1-3+ years of maintenance or facilities experience.
- A basic knowledge of (HVAC, Hot Line Equipment, water heaters, exhaust systems, electrical work etc.).
- A knack for the details. No problem goes unfixed on your watch.
- A can do attitude. No project is too small or too big. You love the challenges.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations surrounding facilities safety requirements.
- The organizational savvy to manage and coordinate multiple maintenance schedules to ensure timely results.
- Basic computer skills.
- The ability to work flexible hours.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A natural ability to solve problems and see them through from start to finish.
- The ability to perform physical requirements of the position (lift up to 50lbs).
- An entrepreneurial spirit - you are a self starter and can hit the ground running with minimal direction.
- A high level of integrity- you build and maintain trust with everyone you interact with.
Work perks: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook laptop
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership, based on eligibility
- Commuter benefits
- Bonus potential
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (they’re amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary Dig Inn lunch everyday
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 20 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale. The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike. Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission– building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food. And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.