About the role:
Dig Inn is growing rapidly, and scaling our business is both exciting and challenging. The Concept Development Manager will be responsible for process and project management of new concepts at Dig. Reporting to the VP of Growth, you will work with cross-functional stakeholders to facilitate ideation, R&D, and launch of new product and service innovations. You will manage up and collaborate with senior executives throughout the organization, as well as establish and maintain strong relationships with external partners and vendors. The ideal candidate has demonstrated success working in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Translate executive directives and market opportunities into concrete product roadmaps.
- Lead collaborative workshops to define new concepts and align all stakeholders on a shared vision.
- Identify meaningful and measurable KPIs for the different phases of concept development.
- Coordinate workstream timing and manage dependencies to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Create a framework for prioritizing new concept requirements and features.
- Manage diverse stakeholders from all parts of the business.
- Design feedback loops for concept validation and informed product iteration.
- A problem solver. You love to learn about any subject and ask the right questions to derive the best solution possible.
- An analyzer. You love to collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative information and adept at helping others find clarity through analysis.
- A natural storyteller. You love to weave data, analysis, and insights into storytelling, both written and verbal. You have a knack for tailoring your communication style to best match the audience.
- A big picture thinker and tactical executor. You love to brainstorm, get creative, and think big picture but, also understand how things can and need to get done in a thoughtful manner. You find energy through project management and can drive big ideas to the finish line.
- An anticipator. You love to anticipate, identify, and troubleshoot issues or concerns before they happen and can provide timely information and updates while exercising discretion.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role at a high-performing, fast-paced organization.
- Proven success in taking projects from conception to execution.
- Developed business and project plans for initiatives that cut across the organization while keeping prioritization in mind.
- Strong interpersonal skills. You can build trust and form genuine relationships with a wide range of individuals quickly and enjoy supporting others to do what they do even better.
- Exceptional organizational skills and can keep everyone on track and on target. In addition, you constantly re-evaluate importance and urgency relative to company pivots and moving demands.
- Experience in creating process and implementing new strategies and procedures that best serve the company.
- Strong research, writing, and oral communication skills.
- A test-and-learn mindset with a desire to leverage insights to improve your work.
- Consumer-facing brand experience - food or hospitality experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of and passion for the latest trends in food and Dig Inn’s mission.
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and execute - everyone wears multiple hats at Dig Inn!
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale. The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike. Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission– building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food. And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.