About the role: The culinary elements during service is the key to our successful, high-growth vegetable forward operation, and you are responsible for maintaining high standards. You will use your strong culinary skills and love of food to execute high quality, sophisticated dishes. You will follow recipes, taste, and collaborate on execution methods all while running an impeccable station in a fast-paced environment. Our line cooks act as an integral team member during shifts and will oversee our restaurant’s service.
Compensation: Full-time position; $18-20/hour, based on experience
- Afternoon and evening shifts available
- Manage your prep list and communicate with the R&D Chef on food inventory, ensuring your walk-in is fully-stocked and organized
- Properly execute our rotating menu
- Own restaurant cleanliness by setting up the opening shift for success and closing with confidence that the operations is prepared for the next day
- Follow Dig Inn and health department standards
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Work with a multifaceted environment, communicating with your peers to ensure culinary excellence at all points of the shift
- Demonstrate professional maturity
- Have the opportunity to influence our menu as we continue to elevate our service
- 2+ years of line cook experience in a fast-paced, full-service, and upper-scale dining restaurant
- An appreciation for the people you work with
- The ability to execute an exceedingly strong work ethic
- Skills to effectively communicate with your team
- The ability to perform physical requirements of the position (lift up to 50lbs)
- The willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in whenever necessary
- Food Safety Certification, preferred
- A passion for real, good food
Work Perks: Aside from the standard job description fare (competitive pay) we also offer:
- Commuter benefits
- Complimentary Dig Inn lunch everyday
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 20 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike. Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission– building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms.
The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
Dig Inn believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.