We are seeking an experienced and reliable payroll specialist to join our growing company. In this role you will oversee payroll operations, ensuring accuracy and timeliness. You will work in a high-volume office, processing and managing changes for over 1,000 employees across multiple locations.
- Process a weekly payroll for 1000+ employees
- Process employee changes, terminations and transfers with the payroll system
- Research, analyze, and resolve all discrepancies, reporting to controller as needed
- Set up banking information for direct deposit in payroll system
- Prepare reports for various departments
- Process manual checks and fund pay cards as needed
- Familiarize yourself and keep current with the taxation of salaries and other factors
- Process garnishment orders and other issues that impact payroll specifications
- Maintain and document all payroll records
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll issues or concerns
- Participate in payroll audits
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in payroll
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong computer skills, including Paycom payroll software (preferred) and Excel.
- Familiarity with Google docs a plus
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team-player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
Work perks: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook lan, based on availability
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership, based on eligibility
- Commuter benefits
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (they’re amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary Dig Inn lunch everyday
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 20 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission– building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.