Are you ready for a high-growth opportunity that will impact the future of food?
You will work with a team that is driven by culinary excellence, and lead them to new skills in a high volume scratch-based kitchen. You are a dynamic leader who loves to train, mentor, and develop your staff into future leaders by working side by side with them each day. You’re an achiever who has a maniacal sense for operations and is driven by results.
You will create dishes from local farms that supply us with seasonal vegetables. Giving back to the farmers who grow our produce gives you the drive to serve our local communities while making a change by impacting the food system.
A taste of daily responsibilities for the Executive Chef include:
- Accountability for the entire culinary and restaurant operation, as well as financial responsibilities such as food cost management, labor efficiency, and building top-line sales
- Development of all team members to keep retention rates high and promotions frequent
- Oversee the quality of fresh ingredients received from our farm partners
- Acting as the face of hospitality by interacting with guests to deliver exceptional service
- Overseeing inventory, supply & scheduling
- Achieving and maintaining Department of Health Standards, holding your team accountable and role-modeling cleanliness and organization in the kitchen
- Handling all employee relations communication (including disciplinary action)
- Hiring and interviewing candidates while properly managing recruiting needs
- Reviewing and collaborating on people development plans with our Senior Director, People Operations
- Communicating verbally and digitally daily across various systemic and organizational platforms
Join an organization that is set for growth and will operate 25 restaurants by the end of 2018.
- 3 - 5 years minimum kitchen management experience
Work Perks: Aside from the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Phone reimbursement
- Company farm trips
- Complimentary Dig Inn lunch everyday
- Sponsored social events
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 20 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale. The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike. Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission– building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
Dig Inn believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.