About the role:
The Real Estate Manager is at the forefront of growth strategies at Dig Inn. They work directly with the Development team to define, discover, vet, and open profitable new restaurant locations for our rapidly growing national restaurant company. Reporting to the Director of Development and working cross-functionally with the Tech & Business Intelligence team and the Numbers team, the Real Estate Manager leverages data to inform site selections based on past performance from a variety of internal and external sources. At a high level, this role combines real estate site selection, negotiation, and due diligence aligned with financial planning and strategy.
- Use on the ground insights and strong analysis to develop and execute strategies for market assessment and site selection.
- Establish and oversee a high quality and productive broker network to drive an efficient and high quality deal pipeline.
- Carefully evaluate every opportunity by working with opposing brokers and landlords to negotiate letters of intent (LOI) and coordinating due diligence related to both revenue potential and capital expenditure.
- Negotiate new leases with the assistance of counsel and utilize architectural, engineering, and development team resources to manage and capture risk protection within each lease.
- Prepare and present real estate deal memos for approval internally and by the Real Estate Committee on those sites with the highest likelihood of success.
- Work with landlords and the Development team to build accurate new-restaurant pro formas and create initial construction budgets.
- Keep stakeholders in-the-know by preparing materials for quarterly Board of Directors meetings, monthly Real Estate Committee meeting, and ad-hoc analyses for investors and Board members.
- Manage new and existing landlord partnerships.
- 3-7 years of relevant work experience in a high-growth space
- Demonstrable experience working with outside brokerage and legal firms
- A go-getter attitude with an innate desire to leave no stone unturned in search of the best real estate opportunities
- Expertise in analytical decision-making and strong, hands-on, operating and deal-making skills
- Persistence to work through multiple rounds of no, in order to get to yes
- Natural communication skills – ability to communicate and negotiate with various counter-parties (landlords, brokers, lawyers, vendors) at various stages and in various markets
- Insane organization skills – you have lists, systems, and processes to keep everything running smoothly
- A keen eye for prioritization and workflow – you persevere through challenges with a positive attitude
- Flexibility to travel on a weekly basis and self motivation to work remotely without daily oversight
Work perks: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook laptop
- Phone reimbursement
- Flexible vacation time
- Commuter benefits
- Equinox Membership, based on eligibility
- Bonus potential
- Equity potential
- Complimentary Dig Inn lunch everyday
- Company Farm trips
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
Dig Inn believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.