About the role:
Do you love to meet new people? Engage in conversation? Work to execute exciting events and experiences? The go-to on recommending on the perfect meal? Join Dig Inn as a team Brand Ambassador and help us to build community through food. As a member of our Brand Ambassador team, you’ll assist with a variety of initiatives; from greeting people at our restaurants after restaurant openings, introducing new visitors to our concept, and lending a hand at Dig Inn events throughout the semester.
This role will be part time on an “as needed” basis based on your availability and the initiatives we have planned. Expect 8-10 hours a month, with wiggle room for more or less.
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 20 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission– building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
- Serve as a face of the brand, greeting guests as they walk in, providing menus, and answering questions.
- Be the “approachable expert” on our menu, knowing the ins and outs of each menu item, providing information where needed, and providing recommendations based on your own experience.
- Guide guests toward behaviors that align with our business initiatives - e.g., adoption of our mobile app, deciding on options in advance, considering Dig Inn for other times of day or for delivery, etc.
- Assist with various events, such as handing out samples after a fitness class or being on site for a marketing sponsored event
- Create authentic and memorable experiences while helping build loyalty
- The physical ability to be on your feet for 4 hours at a time
- A willingness to rotate restaurants within your geography based on company needs
- The gift of gab; you love connecting with people and engaging them in conversation
- Engagement with the community you are a part of; you’re “in the know”
- Flexibility and adaptability; our business is growing fast and requires the ability to keep up with that pace
- Natural likeability
- A passion for real, good food
- A desire to get your hands dirty
HOW TO APPLY:
- Create a 30-second video (no shame in selfie videos from your phone) with the following information:
- Your name
- A little about yourself and how you spend most of your time (E.g. "I'm in school full time at NYU", "I'm an actor and I perform in local shows" etc.)
- Which Dig Inn locations are most conveniently located to you?
- Why would you love to be a Brand Ambassador for Dig Inn?
- Upload your video to Google Drive.
- Paste the share link to your video where prompted below. Make sure the sharing settings are set so we can see it!
- We'll be in touch from there for next steps.