Live shows make us feel good. They’re a time to hang with our friends, discover new artists or lose ourselves on a dance floor. We’re on a mission to bring all of this to more fans, more often – and that’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a SysOps Engineer to join our Product team and build a world-class infrastructure.
At DICE, you’ll be part of the company that’s redefining live entertainment. It's a place where you can be yourself, influence the culture, and create work that you’re proud of.
About the role
Our only customer is the fan and you’ll help them stay connected to the music they love. You’ll focus on security and high availability – automating and streamlining our processes, resolving production issues, ensuring our infrastructure is stable and helping with support. We rarely have out-of-hours alerts, with no infrastructural critical production incidents in two years.
Some more context: most of our production infrastructure is in Terraform and Kubernetes – there are still some of the old VMs, but mostly with frozen apps that we’re depreciating. Recently we’ve moved one of our two Development Kubernetes clusters from AWS to OVH Dedicated Host in Data Centre. The rest of our infrastructure is either in AWS or a third-party service like Stripe or Datadog.
- Improving our infrastructure
- Increasing the security and reliability of the platform
- Helping production during on-call rotations
- Supporting internal teams on a weekly schedule
- Proven experience with AWS, Google Cloud, Azure or similar
- Strong knowledge of Kubernetes and Helm (you know the difference between a Deployment and a Daemonset)
- Linux and network debugging experience
- Terraform experience (we use it with terragrunt)
- Experience with monitoring solutions – Datadog, Prometheus, Elastic Search, Kibana, NewRelic, SysDig
- Experience with Kubernetes Operators, like Prometheus-operator and Spark-operator
- Experience with mutating admission webhooks
- Understanding of networking security, like Heartbleed
- Understanding of Mongo, Postgres, Kafka or Redis is a plus
- Passionate, humble and talented
- A fan of music and culture
- Actively responsible
- Keen to collaborate
Our teams work from London, New York, Los Angeles, Barcelona, Paris, Milan and Samara. We're building products that will revolutionise the industry for fans, artists and venues – and we're growing fast.
We know that having a variety of perspectives makes us a better company – it's why we strongly encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. Find out how we're creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive DICE.
- Unlimited holiday
- Private health insurance
- Workplace pension
- Free therapy and coaching
During the pandemic, we’ve learned that working from home can help us focus, but many of us are missing the buzz of the office. We’re still figuring out the best way for us all to work together in the future, and we’ll involve the whole team in any decisions we make.
Our process usually involves a quick chat on the phone, a portfolio review or task and a couple of interviews where you’ll meet the people you’ll work with. We’ll keep you fully informed along the way.