The Internet Computer is the fastest and only infinitely scalable general-purpose blockchain — incubated and launched by the DFINITY Foundation in May 2021. A team of over 200 world-renowned cryptographers, distributed systems engineers, and programming language experts have taken on the massive technological challenge of building, maintaining, and continuously improving a ‘world computer’ powerful enough to host Web3 dApps, DeFi, games, NFTs, social media, and metaverse projects.
DFINITY was founded in 2016 by entrepreneur and crypto theoretician, Dominic Williams, and attracted interest and financial contributions from early members of the Ethereum community. Later, top-tier institutions such as Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, and SV Angel backed the Internet Computer in a collective effort to help build out Web3.
New to decentralized? Don’t know blockchain or cryptography? That’s okay! We have some of the world’s foremost experts and they’re excited to share their knowledge. You bring your awesome skills and help us create something amazing.
- You over analyze the usability every website you visit
- You optimize your workflow for iterations rather than “the one end-all design.”
- You are fearless. You have jumped in and designed for different platforms or audiences
- You love UI, UX, and brand design
- You know basic front-end: HTML, CSS, JS, but are looking for a place where you can flex your software muscle
As a designer, you will work towards creating a world-class developer experience. Projects include:
- Developer portal
- Public facing websites
- Marketing material for open source projects
- Demo applications
- Conduct usability testing
- Create storyboards, wireframes and screen flows
- Work closely with frontend developers
Background and Skills:
- 2+ years of experience as a designer
- Experience using with industry standard UI/UX tools; such as Sketch or Figma
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience in a product-driven team
- Expert knowledge of best practices and design patterns in UX and UI
- Experience with marketing materials for web and print
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Excellent written and verbal communication
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.