Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
Desktop Metal is seeking a talented and self-motivated Senior Electrical Engineer. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in analog and digital circuits, embedded systems, motor control, AC/DC design, and enjoy problem solving from concept all the way to production. The Electrical Engineer will be involved in the design, fabrication, test and sustainment of the world’s most advanced 3D printers. Activities including new product development, improvements to the reliability and efficacy of existing products through root cause identification and analysis of quality problems and implementation of cost-effective and sustainable solutions. You will have responsibility for meeting design specifications, project schedules, cost targets, and overall ownership of the activities required to complete the projects.
- Architecting, designing and implementing complex electronics systems, analog and digital circuit design, and systems debugging
- Working with an interdisciplinary team to execute product designs from concept to production including design, prototyping, validation, testing, compliance and certification
- Design optimizations for cost reductions and reliability improvements
- Writing and developing specifications, design verification plans, and functional test procedures
- Creating documentation to support transfer to production (e.g., fabrication and assembly drawings, BOMs, Gerber files)
- Maintaining high level of communications with cross-functional team and partners
- Thorough understanding of technical principles and concepts in electrical engineering
- Expertise in using Hardware Design Tools: bench power supplies, DMMs, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, signal generators and EMI test equipment
- Experience in schematic entry, layout tools and design for manufacturability. Ability to generate fabrication and assembly packages for PCB manufacturing.
- Demonstrated strong ability to move seamlessly between levels of abstraction – from system to the detailed implementation
- Experience with embedded system design interfacing to a wide array of electro-mechanical subsystems
- Commitment to rigorous testing practices
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Experience working in a cross-functional team of electrical, software, systems, and mechanical engineers
- Able to provide the customer and company-wide perspective to detailed technical decisions
- Ability to effectively manage time when working on multiple projects
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- BS / MS Electrical Engineering (or similar field) with at least 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Mixed signal design
- Experience with EMI/EMC compliance
- Experience in AC and DC power design, sensors, motors and drives control
- Altium or other schematic and layout capture tools
- Experience with FPGA design is preferred but not required
- Debugging experience including assembly and C
- FW design experience
- Circuit simulators
- Thermal management
- Python, Matlab, and/or Labview
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or disability.