Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
We are presently seeking an experienced and self-motivated Manufacturing Engineer to support our revenue production programs with our Global Supply Base. They will also be adaptable and able to thrive in a highly dynamic environment.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for:
- Coordination between internal Design Engineering teams and Manufacturing Build Team
- Development and documentation of manufacturing methods, procedures, and test results
- Supporting cross-functional root cause and corrective action activities
- Coordinate implementation of ECOs with engineering and manufacturing
- Supporting Supply Chain and Supplier Quality with vendor issue resolution
- Identifying and implementing cost down opportunities through collaborative DFM with internal design teams
- Developing detailed work instructions to aide in production
- Minimum 3+ years of applicable Manufacturing Engineering experience in related field
- Ability to interpret and modify Engineering design documentation (schematics, drawings, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems to manage design release and document control
- Proficient with mechanical and electrical tools used in product development of electromechanical systems (common hand tools, drills, presses, multi-meters, oscilloscopes, etc.).
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
- Demonstrated ability to process and analyze data to drive improvements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- BS/MS Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or equivalent
- Understanding of safety systems and functionally safe design
- PLM systems
- Solidworks Composer
- Additive manufacturing
- 3D printing
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or disability.