Desktop Metal is reinventing the way metal parts are produced - from prototyping through mass production. Founded with the mission to make additive manufacturing accessible to engineers and designers, Desktop Metal offers two revolutionary metal 3D printing systems, addressing the need for easy-to-use, cost-effective, and scalable metal 3D printing. In addition to this, our three software solutions elevate the additive manufacturing industry at every step in the fabrication process.
The Brand and Content Marketing team at Desktop Metal is responsible for producing the stories and experiences that connect with our customers and communicate our brand. The team’s work spans digital content (videos, case studies, white papers, email marketing) and physical content (trade shows/events, marketing collateral, technical documentation) to build understanding of our technology and educate and excite customers about the possibilities of metal 3D printing. The team works closely with various departments, combining engineering, creative and strategic skills to raise the bar for how Desktop Metal represents itself in the market.
Content Strategist and Copywriter role:
The Brand and Content Marketing team is looking for an experienced Content Strategist and Copywriter who will use their excellent writing skills and gift for storytelling to show the world what we’re doing here at Desktop Metal. In this role, you will write on a variety of topics spanning customer stories, our technology, specialized campaigns, and thought leadership—all with the goal of inspiring customers about the potential of our technology. You will become a trusted voice within the team, translating the complex capabilities of our technology into simple, engaging stories that resonate with our customers.
This role will report to the Director of Brand and Content Marketing and work closely with Marketing, Product, Sales, and Applications Engineering. As an important contributor on a fast-paced team, this role is grounded in writing, yet guided by insights and strategy. You will form your work with the big picture of our company, customers, and team goals in mind and an expertly tuned voice at your disposal. Expect to spend most time in the work -- experimenting, adjusting and learning as you produce content -- and along the way, developing our strategic approach towards content generation and distribution.
- Written content creation:
- Customer stories
- Case studies
- Website copywriting
- Video scripting
- Blog posts
- Product messaging
- Campaign messaging
- Content strategy:
- Campaign concepting and execution
- Contribution to publishing strategy (deployment, cadence, and outlets)
Who you are:
- You are a talented communicator, hyper-creative, and driven by curiosity.
- You have a high bar for excellence and seek inspiration from out-of-industry examples
- You are a synthesizer and can distill complex concepts into relatable, easy-to-digest, engaging content.
- You are a leader by nature and are energized by the prospect of building out a multifaceted content practice
- You aren’t shy to seek out collaborators and know how to consolidate diverse opinions to find the most impactful solution.
- You thrive on rolling up your sleeves and getting into the field.
- You are versatile and can write for any medium, whether it be a vlog or whitepaper, all while maintaining brand voice.
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment (fast-paced, demanding, and constantly evolving)
- You are a team player — equally proud of the work you do and dedicated to elevating the work of your peers. Ability to receive direction as well as take initiative.
- 5-7 years experience in copywriting and content strategy, preferably with at least 2 years in technology industry (hardware or software). Agency experience a plus.
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills
- Experience modulating and formatting messaging across mediums
- Ability to move quickly from information gathering to outline to draft
- Comfortable working with a diverse group of creatives and engineers
- Experience working with highly technical products and services
- Experience building a brand voice
- Experience leading creative programs
- Experience in content distribution and publishing